OneNote won't sync

My OneNote notebooks are no longer syncing, I am unable to edit any existing pages or create new ones but I can create a new notebook, though I cannot move sections from old notebooks to the new one. I assume there is some sort of permission issue, but need some help to troubleshoot.

|

Dear and respected,

Good day!

Thank you for posting to Microsoft Community. We are glad to assist. We are looking into your situation, and we will update the thread shortly.

Appreciate your patience and understanding and thank for your time and cooperation.

Sincerely,

Mia

• Beware of Scammers posting fake Support Numbers here.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Dear respected,

As per the description, we understand you encountered with sync issue in OneNote on your Mac device. To offer you the correct guide to resolve this, could you please share us some more details as troubleshooting steps below?

Note: Before doing anything, please now backup all of your recent updates in OneNote as some of the actions below or even a simple Mac restart may cause the data loss as OneNote bases on online storage and unsynced notes may get lost even during an app restart. You may manually copy them into a Word document or sign in https://www.onenote.com/ to make sure all notes have been synced there.

1. If there shows any error code or message when it doesn't let you edit on any pages or move sections. Usually, the error will look like this: Fix issues when you can't sync OneNote - Microsoft Support.

2. For a permission issue you mentioned, I guess it's like OneNote is not correctly seeing you as the owner of your own notebooks. In this situation, we suggest you reset the local credential and restart OneNote to check the result. See: How to remove Office license files on a Mac - Microsoft Support

3. Open a notebook in OneNote Online(link above) and click the Open in Desktop app button to see if it can focus OneNote re-sync.

We appreciate your kind patience and understanding that sometime the initial reply may not resolve the concern immediately or there may have some misunderstanding about your scenario, but we would like to hear the updates from your side and more screenshots so let's figure out the further suggestions.

We'll be here for you to wait for your updates. I appreciate your time and effort on checking these above and thank you for your time and cooperation. I hope that you are keeping safe and well! 

Sincerely,

Mia | Microsoft Community Moderator

• Beware of Scammers posting fake Support Numbers here.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated May 7, 2024 Views 27 Applies to: