I have quite a few notebooks that have files attached to pages, and i'm sure in the past I could easily open any attachment by double-clicking it.
In the last couple of days I created a new shared Notebook, with the notebook stored on an internal (password protected) Sharepoint site. I added a couple of files from my local PC (by dragging them onto the OneNote page), but then found these files wouldn't open if I double-clicked the attachment icon in OneNote.
Two odd things about this-
- I've tried this again, carefully checking that the option to "Embed the file" (not link to the original) is selected. I can see the attachment files have been successfully uploaded into the corresponding document library on Sharepoint, so everything seem to be in place, but the attachments won't open.
- Now none of my other attachments in OneNote will open either! The files are in lots of different formats (Word, Excel, PDF etc.), some are local, some are on Sharepoint, but nothing will open.
- OneNote will select the file icon with a single click, but ignores both a double-click or the right-click and "Open" selection
- There are no errrors (in the OneNote UI)
- Note- When I right-click an attachment icon the top two options of the menu (File Name and Modified Date) are shown greyed-out, not sure if this is normal behaviour?
Any idea what might be causing this, and how to recover the situation?