OneNote web clipping doesn't work for Full Page

For weeks I've been unable to clip full pages to OneNote. It will stay stuck on loading for a while until it finally says no content could be found. This has been extremely frustrating for me. Several other users reported the same thing, but there aren't any fixes.

Other clipping modes work fine. It happens on several websites. It happens on both my Mac and my Windows 10. I am using Chrome Version 87.0.4280.141 (Official Build) (x86_64) on both. It doesn't work for Edge either. I even changed the setting to allow both apps to access file URLs and go into Developer Mode since one user said that worked for them. It didn't help.

Please help me with this.

[PII is masked by Cindy Fan MSFT Support]

Answer
Answer

Hi Victoria,

We are so sorry for your inconvenience it has caused. And we will try our best to help you if we can do something. Based on your problem, we test on our end, it works well.

So, first, we would sincerely suggest that you can try to check the network elements below to check whether the problem is related to the network.

1. Change a better network. If possible, we suggest that you can change to a different network, such as switching from Wi-Fi to cable, switching office to home.

2. Check and disable the firewall, proxy settings and antivirus software.

3. Check the VPN.

Second, we sincerely suggest that you can turn off and turn on again to restart the extension.

Third, you can Uninstall the OneNote Web Clipper extension and reinstall it again. Getting Started with the OneNote Web Clipper.

Additionally, we sincerely suggest that you can use Region or Article to instead of Full Page temporarily.

However, may I confirm some information with you so that we can know your situation more clearly?

1. Regarding “It happens on several websites”, may I confirm that all users have the same problem with the several specific websites, and it works well for all users on all websites except for the specific problematic websites?

2. How about using OneNote Web Clipper on other browsers, such as IE?

Hope this can help you. 😊 

Best regards,

Cindy

[Updated by Cindy Fan MSFT, 11:44 AM, Jan 27, 2021 (UTC)]

--------------------------------

* Beware of scammers posting fake support numbers here.

* Kindly Mark and Vote this reply Yes with five-star if it helps, as it will be beneficial to more community members reading here.

--------------------------------
* Beware of scammers posting fake support numbers here.
* Kindly Mark and Vote this reply if it helps, as it will be beneficial to more community members reading here.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated October 1, 2021 Views 193 Applies to: