Onenote (UWP Windows 10 version) won't login to work account

Hi,

I have recently started having problems with Onenote - just the Windows 10 version. I can't sign in to my work account (which uses SSO) anymore, it sends me to the SSO page, lets me login, then nothing happens - if I go back to settings - accounts, the account is there but it says "needs attention" under it. If I click on the account it sends me back to the SSO page and the whole thing starts again.

I don't have this problem with Onenote 2016, but I've been using the Windows 10 version lately.

I have tried resetting the app in settings and have run the Powershell command to remove it and reisntall from the store, neither of these work.

The SSO page for my work look a bit different this week - I wonder if our IT team has upgraded it and now it is causing problems?

Answer
Answer

Thanks. I managed to fix the problem. I deleted my work account from the onenote app, then I deleted the account from the settings app - accounts section. I had to remove it from both the Email & app accounts section and the Access work or school section.

Then I readded the acocunt in the settings app, then in the onenote app and it is now working again.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated April 26, 2022 Views 548 Applies to: