OneNote Unable to Sync Data After Reset

Hello:

I have been using OneNote for some time now, and noticed recently that it has been giving me a sync error (that it has never been able to properly sync and that everything is saved locally). I searched online and a Microsoft Help page recommended resetting the app. So, I reset the app, which signed me out of my OneNote account. I signed back in, and find that I still see the names of all of my files but when I click on them, the Note doesn't appear, instead it just says "Content not yet available: Sorry, it looks like this page was added from another computer and hasn't synced yet." How do I get all my pages to come back, this is months of work that has disappeared.

Thanks!

Hi Zonova,

We want to know more about the issue you're having you're missing notes. Please answer the questions below:

• Can you tell us the specific error message that you are getting? If possible send us a screenshot of the error message.
  • Can you tell us the build and version of the office app you are using?
  • Have you tried searching for your missing notes locally? ( Open your desktop>> On top right, type on the search bar: .ON>> look for the missing notes)

We'll wait for your response.

Bob

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi,

The error I was originally getting before I reset OneNote was: "Onenote Page has never been synced | E0000024 c3zov".

I am using the OneNote windows 10 application, Version 16001.11629.20028.0.

Searching for my notes locally using this method did not work (I didn't find any onenote files). I opened up file manager and searched, as well as searching using the Windows Cortanna search bar.

Here is a screenshot of the error I am currently getting.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I have provided a screenshot below, please use it as a reference to look for your files locally.

On your desktop, you can also look from:  C:\Users\the name of the user e.g(robert.cawa)\AppData\Local\Microsoft\OneNote\16.0\Backup 

If this still a no go, you can proceed to OneNote for Windows 10>> click on the three dotted line>> Select options >> Sync notebooks automatically must be turned ON.>> Same goes with Sync down all file and images. Here is a screenshot.

Update us with the outcome so we can assist you further.

Bob

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi:

I searched using your instructions and didn't find any onenote files in either of the Documents directories. I also don't have a OneNote folder under C:\Users\the name of the user e.g(robert.cawa)\AppData\Local\Microsoft\

after substituting in my name. Both of those options are already on in my OneNote app as well.

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

To shorten the discussion:

Since you use OneNote for Windows, it's useless to search for .one files. OneNote for Windows doesn't use these files.

And the truth is:

If you have unsynced notebooks in OneNote for Windows and use Reset, these notebooks are deleted.

Bernd

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Zonova,

The suggestions provided by rocaw on this thread can only be applicable if you were able to create the said Notebooks via the OneNote 2016 desktop version. However, just as what was mentioned by Bernd P., the said unsynced files would no longer be recoverable after doing a reset on the OneNote for Windows 10 application.

To avoid this from happening again in the future and to make sure that all your files are secured, please see the links below:

Notebook storage options in OneNote for Windows 10

Sync notebooks in OneNote for Windows 10

It always highly suggested to make sure that your Notebooks are properly synced to the cloud regardless of which version of OneNote you are using.

Should you have any other questions, please let us know by replying to this thread.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated March 19, 2024 Views 4,202 Applies to: