OneNote Textbox Background Colour

How do I change the colour of the background of a text box in OneNote? 

Like a yellow note partially overlapping a photo or another (say) pink or a green note? or a bright red sticky note saying "The boss isn't to happy about this idea"?  

Moved from: Microsoft 365 and Office/ OneNote / Windows 10 / Microsoft 365 Family

Hi Bluetoblitz,

Thank you for posting here in the Microsoft Community Forum.

We got your concern about the way on how to change the background color of a text box in OneNote. We’ll check on this accordingly and see how we can sort this out.

This would be depending on the OneNote platform being used, as options may vary. To know more about the situation and to help us replicate this concern, so we’ll know if the functionality is available or not, we’d like to make sure with the OneNote version that you’re using, is it the OneNote 2016 included in your Office suite or the OneNote for Windows 10? Please see the image below for its difference:

Are you referring to the actual box/container that holds the text on a page of a notebook? Or is highlighting the texts to your preferred color? Would you be able to provide a screenshot of this, so we can verify the exact view of what you’re trying to accomplish?

We’ll wait for your response.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi Louie

I am a new student and I have recently installed an educational copy of office 365 via my university. This is the first time I have used Onenote so I assume I am using the office version along with the new version of word which has overwritten my 2013 version  I also have the Windows 10 PC version on my fully updated Windows 10  64Bit i5 PC

I'm surprised that such a fundamental feature is version dependent. We have all used multicoloured sticky notes multiple times. I'm looking at a yellow one stuck to the corner of my monitor now reminding me that I have this support ticket open! I use pink notes for up coming Teams lectures and Blue ones for face to face campus lectures. I want to be able to replicate this in my onenote notes.

Steve

(Bluetobitz)

9 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Thank you for providing that information, Steve.

If you’re referring to the actual background color of a page of your OneNote notebook, you may refer to the following articles for additional details and steps on how to change it on your end:

Change the background color of a page in OneNote for Windows 10

Change the background color of a page in OneNote

Additionally, since you’ve confirmed that you’re using an educational copy of Office 365 via your university, we’ll be moving this thread to the appropriate forum category. Other experts and community members from that forum will also provide answers and pick up this thread for additional assistance.

Should you have any clarifications, please message us back and we’ll be glad to check on this for you.

3 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

...Additionally, since you’ve confirmed that you’re using an educational copy of Office 365 via your university, we’ll be moving this thread..

Louie,

1)  I opened this as a support ticket, not a community forum.

2) if you had read my question you would know that I have both legitimate educational and retail versions of this software.

3) Again if you had read the question, a question you needlessly asked me to repeat, it is quite clear that i am referring to a text box and not a page.

It seems you are more concerned with finding a reason to dismiss my question than to answer it.

I am looking forward to a career in the computing industry ahead of me. I can't say I am very impressed with Microsoft from the outset.

270 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated April 28, 2024 Views 14,462 Applies to: