OneNote sync and crash issues (OneNote, OneNote 2016 and OneNote Online)

OneNote and OneNote 2016 crash when I try to move or delete a clipped page (with Edge extension). OneNote Online warns against moving any page to another section ("will delete version and conflict information"). Yesterday I also experienced a crash of OneNote Online, but I don't recall which action I was taking.

I also experience the following sync issues:

- in OneNote, some pages show "Content not availaible", while in OneNote online, it says "this page was added from another computer and hasn't synced yet". These pages haven't changed and were available in both applications earlier today;

- one notebook will sometimes appear without sync errors, but mostly with sync error code 0xE000145D 20186 bukxj, on which I cannot find any information other than this help request. This notebook also hasn't changed.

I already tried resetting my pc. The same issues persist.

(Needless to say, these issues with all three applications make OneNote unreliable and thus unusable at this time.)

Answer
Answer

Hello—

Thank you for telling us about this issue.  We are aware of this issue and actively working on it but there is a workaround that you can do.

For OneNote for Windows 10, MAC, and iOS clients do the following --

1. If you see crashes when trying to copy a page, create a new page in the your OneNote and copy the content of the page you were initially trying to copy. Then delete the original page whose copy was causing the crash.

For OneNote 2016, follow the steps below --

• If the content is not viewable in OneNote 2016, you should check if the content is visible in OneNote Online. If the content is visible in OneNote Online, create new pages in OneNote 2016, copy the content of the pages in OneNote Online as new pages in OneNote 2016 and then delete the original page which was not viewable in OneNote 2016.

Denise, OneNote Team

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated September 30, 2021 Views 1,263 Applies to: