OneNote shows weird line when drawing (also lags when drawing) Huion Kamvas Pro

Hi everyone,

Is anyone else experiencing this problem? I have a link to a video showing the issue here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9VqyMS33GUQ&feature=youtu.be

This problem only happens when using my tablet's pen to draw, if I switch to mouse mode, it works fine. I also experience weird lag when using the pen, which you can briefly see in the video.

I really enjoy using OneNote and I don't want to stop, however if I can't get rid of this bug I have no alternative but to find another program. Here are some things I have tried to fix the solution.

1. Reinstallation. I have reinstalled the product, event completely removing it through powershell then reinstalling it by following some guides, the issue persists.

2. Looking in settings. I have looked through the settings enabling and disabling multiple options to no avail.

3. Starting a new page/notebook. I have tried starting a fresh page, and the problem still persists.

4. Messing with tablet settings. I have messed with my wacom tablet's settings, recalibrating the touch pen and everything but nothing seems to work.

The exact tablet I'm using is this: https://www.amazon.com/HUION-KAMVAS-Pro-Sensitivity-Bar-15-6inch/dp/B07S7BCTWW 

If anyone could point me to a solution I would be very grateful.

|

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Hi Gabe,

Thanks for using Microsoft products and posting in the community, I'm glad to offer help.

According to your description, although I don't have the same device for testing, I’m still willing to try my best to find the cause of the problem and a solution for you.

Considering that you have tried reinstalling OneNote, to further narrow down if it is caused by the system environment or your tablet, or the touch pen, would you mind trying the following suggestion for troubleshooting?

1.    Create a new Windows user profile to determine if it is cause by the current user's profile environment.

2.    Use your fingers instead of the touch pen to determine if it is caused by the touch pen.

Before that, you can try to user OneNote 365 app (formerly called OneNote 2016) instead of OneNote UWP app to see if there will be any different.

Note: If you cannot see "Draw" tab using OneNote 365 app, you can go to File > Options > Customize Ribbon to enable it.

Reference:

-      What's the difference between the OneNote versions?

-      Install OneNote

-      Customize the ribbon in Office

Hope the above information can help you a little, please feel free to let me know if there is any progress, I'll continue to help you.

Best Regards,

Arck

--------------------------------
* Beware of scammers posting fake support numbers here.
* Kindly Mark and Vote this reply if it helps, as it will be beneficial to more community members reading here.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi Arck,

Thanks so much for taking the time to respond! I should have mentioned that I did already try OneNote 2016 already, and it does work without this bug. However, it was a bit slower and (this might be a bit picky), but I do just like the look and feel of the UWP app more. I tried your suggestion and even with a new user account the problem persisted. I also tried a separate Microsoft account within the app as well, and the bug persisted. As for the second suggestion, the tablet that I own is only a stylus based tablet so I cannot test that. Like I mentioned before the mouse does work for drawing though.

My tablet does draw normally with other apps, like Krita or paint, and I did just update it to the latest drivers to try to ensure that it was not the tablet itself. I'm also a developer, so if there are any in depth tests that I could perform, or log files that might help, I would be happy to try to provide some more information. Here's a little bit more information about my machine as well just so you know what you're working with:

OneNote for Windowsw 10 Version: 16001.12827.20182.0

Windows 10 Pro

Version: 2004

Os build: 19041.264

If there's any way that I could attempt to rollback the OneNote app to an earlier version I would be glad to try that too to see if it might have been an update that caused this to start up, because it used to run fine until about a month ago :)

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Gabe,

Thanks for the clarification, since it works well in OneNote 365, would you mind checking if other UWP apps that supports drawing with stylus have the same issue? So that we can further know if it affects OneNote only or all UWP apps.

If the issue affects OneNote only, since we can only download and install UWP apps from Microsoft Store, as far as I know, there is no way to roll back to the earlier version, you can open OneNote > Settings > Feedback to send a feedback to Microsoft to report this issue.

If the issue affects all UWP apps, the cause may be related to the current OS environment or hardware incompatibility as 2004 is current latest version of Windows 10, please send a feedback to Microsoft to report it: Send feedback to Microsoft with the Feedback Hub app

I can understand that it is disappointing that there is no feasible solution currently, but if the problem is related to the OS or App version, we all hope that the relevant team can release a repair update as soon as possible to fix this issue, your understanding will be highly appreciated.

Best Regards,

Arck

--------------------------------
* Beware of scammers posting fake support numbers here.
* Kindly Mark and Vote this reply if it helps, as it will be beneficial to more community members reading here.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey Arck,

It does only affect the OneNote UWP app. I have had success using my tablet with the Microsoft Whiteboard App, and the iXplain app. I'll file a report through the appropriate channels, and continue using the 2016 version in the meantime.

Thanks again,

Gabe

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I'm having this same issue -- occurs in OneNote and Word but not Whiteboard.

Would love a solution!

Best,

Andy

5 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I posted the question to feedback hub as was suggested 4 days ago and I have gotten no response 😕

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Gabe,

I had the exact same issue on a Surface Go in OneNote and Sticky Notes, but not in Whiteboard. Uninstalling the last two Windows updates (installed a few day ago) solved it for me. You could give that a try to see if it fixes your problem for now.

Best Regards,

Luc

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I am experiencing exactly the same problem.

The funny thing is that it only happens when I use pens or highlighters with solid colors.

If you try and use those pens with the sparkly patterns on OneNote, the line won't appear.

So far, this line issue appears on OneNote, PDF Reader (app from Microsoft store), Drawboard PDF (app from Microsoft store),

but does not appear on Foxit Reader, Adobe Acrobat, or Xodo. So, I suspect something might be wrong on the Huion's side.

7 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi J_B39, I would uninstall the Windows updates, but it usually forces me to reinstall them within a few days so that I am back up to date. Has this been an issue for you? And if not, did you disable any specific OS features to make sure it doesn't reupdate? I may consider doing this if Whiteboard doesn't get the job done. (It would be really nice if the devs actually looked into what caused this bug though instead of resorting to uninstalling updates, but oh well)

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey Dee.Seo, I've just about given up on trying to solve this, and have just stopped using OneNote since the devs haven't mentioned anything in the FeedbackHub, and it doesn't seem like they care about fixing it. But, I would suggest that your conclusions point to the issue being a bug in the program and not with Huion, because if the tablet works fine in other apps, but doesn't work correctly in OneNote, then that's definitely an application bug. I have also noticed that the issue does recur in some other apps, but if you use the tablet with Krita, or Photoshop, or even paint, there is no problem :)

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated October 11, 2021 Views 6,414 Applies to: