ONENOTE-SHARPOINT Question: How to export personal OneNote notebook to Sharepoint site notebooks

We are creating a departmental processes portal for our employees in Sharepoint. One project member has complied the submissions from the other dept heads in her personal OneNote notebook. After a little research, it seems the best thing to do is create a notebook for each dept then export the personal notebooks into the individual notebooks on Sharepoint. That is the step I can't figure out how to do. I have the export file as a .onepkg file. If I'm approaching this all wrong, please let me know. But, I need help exporting these notebooks so see if it works like we need it to.

Dear Lissa,

Greetings! Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community. We are happy to help you.

Per your description, you want to export the personal notebooks into the individual notebooks on SharePoint.

I'd like to help you, we can work together to narrow down and resolve the situation.

Per my experience, you may use OneNote application to move the personal notebooks to your SharePoint site.

As you have exported the personal notebook as a .onepkg file, you may try following steps to move it to SharePoint site:

1. Open OneNote application (Note: it's not OneNote for Windows 10).

If you don't have it, you can install it by using this package: Download OneNote.

2. Sign in your Microsoft 365 work or school account in OneNote.

3. I suppose the .onepkg file is stored on your computer.

Go to File > Open > Select This PC under other locations > navigate to the location where the .onepkg fil is stored.

Note: If you don't find the file, select OneNote Single File Package or All files to display the notebook package (as shown below)> click Open >on the pop-up window, click Create

4. After your personal notebook opens, go to File > Share > Select and click your SharePoint location, click Browse > on the pop-up window, firstly put your SharePoint site URL in the path location, as shown below, press Enter key, then choose a document library to store notebooks, give your notebook a name and click Open, then Move.

5. You may see a message saying Your notebook is now syncing to the new location.

Then you can go to your SharePoint site in browser and see if you can see the notebook showing in Documents library.

Do let me know if you have any concerns or if my understanding of the scenario is not consistent with yours, please feel free to point it out. I will do my best to help you further.

Thanks for your time and cooperation! Hope you have a nice day, stay safe and healthy.

Sincerely,

Tina | Microsoft Community Moderator

• Beware of Scammers posting fake Support Numbers here.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated February 10, 2024 Views 40 Applies to: