OneNote pens in full screen view

My version of OneNote has recently been upgraded to the latest (version 2404) now on Windows 11.

When on the previous version (and on W10), I used to be able to add different coloured pens to the quick access area which appeared in the top (purple on the screen shot below) area which made switching colour very easy when teaching in full screen view. However, in the new version, I doesn't seem to be able to do this. I do have a floating bar with the various pens showing.

The problem is that this floating bar covers up the title of every page in OneNote - see picture.

Please can someone explain how to get the individual pens to appear in the quick access area as before, or how to have a full screen view with the pen bar as part of a fixed area above the main page.

Thank you in advance,

Tony

|

Dear FudgeMaths,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community. We are happy to help you.

I understand your concern and I'd like to convey that I just did a test in OneNote Application version 2404 on Windows 11. I reproduced the same situation as you described. The floating bar covers up the title of every page in OneNote.

As far as I know, I'm sorry and I'm afraid there is no built-in feature to make the pen bar showing above the main page or get the individual pens to appear in the quick access area. I deeply understand the inconvenience caused and apologize for it.

On one hand, if you are willing, you may try moving the pen bar to the right side of the page, or the bottom of the page. Just hold the pen bar to move it.

Or you may temporarily close the pen bar by clicking the 'X' button, you can display it again by clicking the Pen icon in upper-right corner of the screen.

On the other hand, personally I completely agree with you, it would be definitely ideal if we could make the pen bar a fixed area above the main page in full screen view. Thank you for bringing thing to our attention.

It seems a change in OneNote on Windows 11, so I sincerely recommend you sending your valuable feedback to OneNote Feedback Community. Microsoft product developers team monitor this site and they will receive your request and put it into consideration. This is the best platform to let related team hear from you and make the products and services better for you and others.

Thank you for your cooperation and understanding!

Sincerely,

Tina | Microsoft Community Moderator

• Beware of Scammers posting fake Support Numbers here.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi Tina,

Thank you for your reply.

I'll try dragging the pen bar to the right hand side as that would be the least intrusive location. I'll also post it as a suggestion.

Have a great day!

Tony

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated May 3, 2024 Views 28 Applies to: