Onenote page broken

Yesterday when I tried to access one of my notes for school on the browser version of OneNote, the whole page froze and I was not able to access any of my pages. Today, when I downloaded the desktop app and tried to open the same page/notes I received a message saying that the page is broken. How do I fix this?

|

Dear Raven,

Good day, thanks for querying in this forum. We’re happy to help you.

From your description, it seems that you cannot open your OneNote page from Online and OneNote Desktop app. And you also encountered an error message.

May I know if my understanding is right? If so, this issue may be related to this specific page. We’d suggest you change another browser or another device to check if the same problem will occur.

If the same problem still persists, this page may be broken or the issue is related to server side. Given the situation you encountered, we do understand the inconvenience caused and apologize for it. This issue may be related to this specific OneNote page and need to be checked from background. The best way to troubleshoot the issue is to report the issue to the related Team. We’d suggest you contact your office 365 administrator to go to Office 365 Admin Center-> Support-> New Service Request, the support engineers there have the correct escalation channel and this is the most efficient way to report such issue. You can refer to this article to check the way how to raise a ticket. Ways to contact support for business products - Admin help. The engineers in related have higher permission and they may help check the root cause from background.

If the scenario above is not consistent with yours, you can also post back and point that.

Thanks for your cooperation.

Sincerely,

Stacey | Microsoft Community Moderator

------------
Beware of Scammers posting fake Support Numbers here.
Please let us know if this is helpful and if the solution worked for you, as it can benefit others who are facing the same scenario.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi Stacey,

Thank you so much for reading out.

Yes you're right. I signed into Onenote on a guest browser and I received the same message about there being an error with the page. When I think it's a syncing error. I'm really upset because this page is one of my notes I wrote for class that I need for my exam. I've also never encountered this issue in my 3 years of using Onenote.

Thank you so much for your help. I'll try reaching out to them.

Take care,

Raven

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Stacey,

When I try to raise a ticket I get taken to a screen that says that my account doesn’t have permission to view or manage the page in the Microsoft 365 admin center. I think this is because my account is an education account given to us by the university. Is there any other way I can raise a ticket?

Thank you,

Raven

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated April 22, 2024 Views 69 Applies to: