OneNote Notebooks Missing

Hi,

I've had to change Microsoft Surfaces a couple of times in the last few weeks because of faults and retailer issues, and my notebooks seem to have vanished. Most of them come up when I'm trying to add them but I get the error in the attached picture.

I've searched my OneDrive and cannot find the notebooks anywhere. Any help would be greatly appreciated as they have my lecture notes and annotations!

I'm using the OneNote for Windows 10 app

Dear James,
Thanks for participating in the Microsoft Community. I'm an Independent Advisor and I'll help you.

In an inPrivate/incognito browser (Ctrl+Shift+P), go to https://OneNote.com, access with your personal account then you will see the list of your notebooks, verify if your notebook is there, also, you could check out in OneDrive recycle bin.
It is possible that the notebook you try to open, was a shared notebook, and you don't have permission anymore.

Do not hesitate to ask if you need more information.
I hope it has been useful to you.
Regards,
Renzo.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi Renzo,

I've checked both OneNote online and my recycle bin and the missing notebooks aren't there. The notebooks weren't shared either, they were ones I made myself.

I'm very confused as my most recent workbook is there fine, but the older ones have disappeared.

Thanks again,
James

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Well James, there is another feature, OneDrive restore, is like a point in time restore, you can go back in time to a specific date/time in order to restore your OneDrive content, you could see more information in below document:
https://support.office.com/en-us/article/restor...

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated February 21, 2022 Views 3 Applies to: