OneNote Importer with generic error

Hi there,

I'm not able to export my Evernote notebook to Onenote using the OneNote importer. I get the very generic error, copied at the bottom. I've tried to import using the installed Evernote, as well as with a .enex file, but results were the same either way. I'm on Windows 7.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Lekan

We couldn’t import the following notes because An unexpected error was encountered. Please try again later. Try copy and pasting them into OneNote manually.

<redacted1> > All notes

<redacted2> > All notes

<redacted3> > All notes
        <redacted4> > All notes

session id:  {e0db633a-3b5f-40c9-89be-05af1f8a9a66}

Question Info

Last updated September 16, 2019 Views 842 Applies to:

Hello,

You may re-download the OneNote importer, save it to desktop. Once saved, right click on the executable file and click on Run as administrator to check if it works as expected.

http://www.onenote.com/import-evernote-to-onenote?wt.mc_id=soc_tw_o365_EverNoteImport_Vid-16sec&channel=social&ls=soc&ca=o365&lsd=tw

I hope the above information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for the reply.

Unfortunately, running as Administrator had the same result (

session id:  {bf0749d8-e706-4045-8560-de90df2b2b43}).

Does the Importer have a log somewhere somewhere? I wasn't able to find it in the usual places (/Users/Default/AppData and /Users/myuser/AppData)

Thanks,

Lekan

Sorry this didn't help.

Dear community or Microsoft.

So many people worldwide want to change from Evernote to someone else right now. This could be your big, big chance. So why are there so many things, that don't work with Onenote? To this specific subject here, I have the same problem. I used the importer, it worked mostly good. I needed to delete one of the notebooks with 103 notes in Onedrive, wanted to import the notebook again, unchecked all the hooks that are allready imported and just left this one hook, that I need. The same error message occures. "We couldn't... please try again later". It worked fine, one day ago, exactly this way. I have tried this ten times now, same message. If not even the start works with Onenote, what is the future then going to bring up? We need to work hard and intensely with a Notebook program. You are Microsoft, one of the wealthiest companies in the world. So what is the problem here? Please quickly just post the everything solving answer here, so we can at least try to start with you.

Thank you so much.

My best regards...

PS: Webclipper IE doesn't work either. Firefox, no way. "Can't find your notebooks. Please try again later...." As always. Every step, no matter what, takes a loooooooong time to wait. I wanted to change from Evernote. But I spent 2 days trying to get Onenote running now. But meanwhile I consider paying the 60 bucks for the green one, cause Onenote should be a timesaver and fun and a help, like Evernote is. Not a new big live problem. I am quite angry and disappointed so far... :-(

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello,

Thank you for your reply.

Please provide us more information before we proceed.

What happens when you try to use OneNote web clipper? Are you receiving any error message?

As this issue is occurring while exporting particular notebooks, this issue may occur if the Evernote notebook may not be synced properly or corrupted. Let us try syncing or copying the problem creating notebook to new notebook and then try importing notebook to OneNote.

Please post back with the information asked and the result for further assistance.

Thank you.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Parth,

Thanks for the resposne.

OneNote web clipper works perfectly on Chrome. No error message, and I can see the clipped message from OneNote.

I get this error using both the full notebook, as well as selecting a subset or a single notebook, from both a .enex export, and also using the direct Evernote link.

I also create a dummy export using a brand new notebook and new note, and exported that. The xml contents of the .enex is below. That also fails to import.

Thanks,

Lekan

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE en-export SYSTEM "http://xml.evernote.com/pub/evernote-export3.dtd">
<en-export export-date="20160721T151932Z" application="Evernote" version="Evernote Mac 6.7.1 (453574)">
<note><title>test title</title><content><![CDATA[<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="no"?>
<!DOCTYPE en-note SYSTEM "http://xml.evernote.com/pub/enml2.dtd">
<en-note>testing note!</en-note>
]]></content><created>20160721T151915Z</created><updated>20160721T151922Z</updated><note-attributes><latitude>0.0</latitude><longitude>0.0</longitude><altitude>0.0</altitude><author>*** Email address is removed for privacy ***</author><source>desktop.mac</source><reminder-order>0</reminder-order></note-attributes></note>
</en-export>

Sorry this didn't help.

I have also been having this problem. The first time I tried to import, it looks like it got a few of the notes, but definitely not the majority of them. I've attempted to import multiple times now and it's not catching any of them. I've tried running the file as an administrator, and that doesn't work either.

Very frustrating. 

Sorry this didn't help.

I had the same problem too - imported one of three notebooks OK but the other two failed with the same generic message as above. After several attempts (including as Admin) I tried an alternate program - Evernote2Onenote. Using this program I was able to import both of my other notebooks successfully (one at a time).

The program is available here: http://stefanstools.sourceforge.net/Evernote2Onenote.html

3 people were helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.