Onenote Images Missing from Notebook on Web and Devices

My Onenote notebook has developed and issue, it is has missing images on Web and Devices (Mac and Andoid).

Viewing the notebook in the browser and using page versions is not able to display the missing images.

Is this corrupted somehow and is there a solution to fix this?

View in the web browser:

View of the same note on the Mac application.

Hi G_555_555,

Sorry for what you encountered.

According to your description, I would like to collect more information.

1. What if you open the notebook in the browser, right-click the images and save them on Mac, do the images display well?

2. Also, you could use the Page Versions and save the images on Mac and check whether the images display well.

If the images display well in local, you could delete the original images, upload the new images to the online notebook, and check whether the issue still exists.

If the images don’t display well in local, I am afraid the data has been lost. Sorry for the inconvenience that happens to you.

Regards,

George
• Beware of Scammers posting fake Support Numbers here.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi George, 

Thanks for the reply. 

Answers: 

1) When trying to save I get the message: "Onenote cannot save the picture to a file".

2) Using the page versions feature in the web version of Onenote: There are three page versions, but the images appear as in the screenshots above - blank.

It does seem like the image data has been lost! This doesn't inspire any confidence in using Onenote and I am concerned to continue using it as before. It's very concerning that this kind of corruption and data loss can happen with no clear means of recovery or explanation as to why it has happened. 

Thanks, G 

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi G_555_555,

Sorry for what you encountered.

As you mentioned, I can fully understand your concern, not like the Windows system, Mac only has one kind of OneNote. If data loss happens from the server-side, it is hard to restore the data. For the issue, I would like to suggest you to:

1. If you are the business/education user, you could contact your admin and ask him/her contact our phone support for help. Check whether the related team could restore the data from the backend.

2.To prevent this kind of issue happens again, if it is convenient, you could create another notebook. Every time you update the notebook, you could use the Copy feature to send the page to another notebook.

Sorry for the inconvenience that happens to you.

Regards,

George
• Beware of Scammers posting fake Support Numbers here.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated March 16, 2024 Views 502 Applies to: