OneNote for mac stuck loading at the login screen

Hi all,

Have any of you faced this issue before?

I cannot get past the login screen. I am able to enter my username. However, when I click next, rather than letting me enter my password, the window gets stuck on the loading page (see below).

I have already re-installed the software and tried the keychain method. OneNote works on my other devices, just not on my Mac.

Any help would be appreciated. Many thanks!

Question Info

Last updated April 2, 2020 Views 1,051 Applies to:
Answer
Answer

Hi MChauder

We appreciate for your time and effort for reporting the issue.

It's a known issue which we are still investigating. Meanwhile, we received multiple threads reporting the issue that users are stuck in loading page when they try to activate or sign in their account in Office for Mac.

Here is the summary of this issue:

The possible scenarios:

1.    You may get error message that “no network connection. Please check your network settings and try again”.

2.    You may see a spinner forever saying “loading” when you try to sign in.

Issue Environment:

The issue happens to any latest OS version 10.12.6/10.13.6/10.14.3    

The issue happens to both the latest 16.16.8 and 16.23.

Workaround:

The issue should be caused by the stuck sign in window not showing page content well. If you type password when you see the loading window then press enter, and wait for a little, then you should be able to sign in well.

For detailed information, please check Mike's reply as another mark answer in the primary thread.

Assessment:

As the issue only happens to specific users, and we can't reproduce the issue, we just got issue log provided by one of the affected users, we are reporting this issue with the log for further investigation.

For affected customers to easily identify the information here, this thread will be closed. Affected users can keep monitoring the updates in this primary thread.

Best Regards,

Tina

-------------------------------------------
If you feel a reply works for you, please kindly vote or mark it as it will be beneficial to other community members reading this thread.

2 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.