OneNote Downgraded

The Windows 10 OneNote application appears to have been downgraded from the previous office version. There are far fewer options now and it is currently limiting the functionality to use it in IT Operations. We need a method to get the "full" application back to the interface so we can utilize and share content cohesively.

The changes to the interface are so drastic we cannot figure out how things become reorganized. This disorder has become a very drastic problem and we are experiencing a rapid loss of knowledge transfer across our projects.

If we cannot find a solution to this we will have to migrate off of the platform and we estimate it is going to cost months of time to accomplish.

Hi Jason,

Thanks for your query in this community.

We are sorry for the bad using experience on the OneNote UWP version.

Given this situation, I would suggest you check the following article to install OneNote 2016 back to your PC.

OneNote 2016 is missing after installing Office 2019 or Office 365

Please let us know if you require any further assistance. We will keep monitoring on this thread.

Regards,

Alex Chen

---------------------------------------------
* Beware of scammers posting fake support numbers.

* Kindly Mark and Vote this reply if it helps, as it will be beneficial to more community members.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Is there a rationale on why OneNote was downgraded by Microsoft? I ask because I will need some rational to leadership for continued use of OneNote for our needs.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Jason,

Thanks for your update.

In my humble opinion, the reason why Microsoft replace the OneNote desktop app with OneNote for Windows 10 is this app has improved performance and reliability, and it's powered by a brand new sync engine (Now also available on web, Mac, iOS, and Android). Which will enhance user's experience on work collaboration a lot.

There are a few features that are only available in OneNote for Windows 10. To find out, you could check the following article:

What's the difference between OneNote and OneNote 2016?

But, we need to admit this transition cause our customers a lot of troubles, and some importance features like Outlook tasks or open local notebooks are not available on OneNote for Windows 10.

We are deeply sorry about it.

Given this situation, we would suggest you vote for make the Windows 10 version feature rich in OneNote UserVoice, which is a specific platform for us to collect user's request. Your suggestion will help us improve our Products and give users a better experience.

Your understanding is highly appreciated.

Regards,

Alex Chen

* Kindly Mark and Vote this reply if it helps, as it will be beneficial to more community members.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I appreciate your candid response. The fact is, this is alarming and we need to investigate alternatives should Microsoft not get smarter about supporting a full version of OneNote.

I have gone to the suggestion site and voted, but I doubt it will make a difference given past history of Office support and changes.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Jason,

We are sorry to hear that, apologize for all the inconvenience caused by our product so far.

Best Regards,

Alex Chen

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated January 22, 2021 Views 374 Applies to: