OneDrive on launch presents error "There was a problem accessing your keychain" - under Mojave

Hello -- "out of the blue" (perhaps after an auto update of OneDrive) I get the message shown in the title. Options are Quit OneDrive and Try again. When I try again, I go through a log in process (using MS Authenticator - and the login is Approved), but the message comes back almost immediately. I am running the latest OneDrive (verified with the Mac AppStore) version. I have deleted two OneDrive "cache" files from my keychain, and then relaunched OneDrive, but get the same error message. I welcome suggested solutions to try. (I'm running Home Office 365 under MacOS Mojave)
|
Answer
Answer

Hello Nathan.  I resolved the problem, thank you, but in a more drastic way. I ended up having to delete my keychain and creating a new one. I was concurrently having problems with my Mac connecting to my Gmail accounts. Working with Apple support, we ended up deleting the keychain - which must have been corrupted. Doing so actually cleared up three main problems I was experiencing, including the OneDrive one. 

Thank you for your attention to the matter. 

- Walter

3 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated November 9, 2021 Views 1,438 Applies to: