OneDrive for Business - Credentials Needed Sync Error

Hello,

I seem to be having the same issue that is located in this thread https://community.office365.com/en-us/f/172/t/236885 but it is already archived so I cannot post in it. Nothing posted there has answered my question or solved my problem.

There is nowhere for me to enter any credentials to fix my sync error. Instead of the "Enter Credentials" button I have a button that says "Open item", which when I click only takes me to my OneDrive on my internet browser. Also, this error only happened after I moved two of my documents to a new folder within my drive. I have tried the Repair Tool and it did nothing. The items that say they can't sync keep changing as well, so I have multiple documents that won't sync apparently.

Hi KelseyA328,

If you just sync the OneDrive for Business library, I suggest you use the OneDrive for Business Next Generation Sync Client to have a shot because the new client is more reliable than OneDrive for Business 2013/2016 in syncing and it has no caches.

You can download it via the article.

If you also sync a team site library, for this kind of issues, I recommend you try the following first.
1. Exit all Office applications.
2. Go to Control Panel > User Accounts > Credential Manager > Windows Credentials.
3. Remove all credentials there(This will remove your stored passwords.).
4. Run regedit as an administrator to open Registry Editor.
5. From Registry Editor, for Office 2013, browse to:HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\15.0\Common\Identity\Identities. For Office 2016, browse to:HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\16.0\Common\Identity\Identities.
6. Check to see if there are any folders listed under Identities. If yes, delete them.
7. Download the easy fix tool from the kb and use it to clean the caches of the OneDrive for Business client automatically after backing up the files. Then, open the OneDrive for Business client to re-sync the files.
NOTE: before running the Fix it tool, please read carefully and make sure you understand the sections ”Data that you lose when you run this tool” and “Back up your data and record any currently synced sites” in the article.
8. Restart the computer and go to Start->All Programs->right click OneDrive for Business 2013(2016)->Run as administrator.

Please let us know if the steps above works so that we can provide further help.

Thanks,
Cliff

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi KelseyA328,

Feel free to let us know if there is any update.

Thanks,

Hale

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated September 10, 2020 Views 2,564 Applies to: