Question

Q: OneDrive for Business - An error has occurred while attempting to synchronize this document library

Hi,

I am receiving this error when attempting to synchronize my OneDrive for Business library - and I have no idea why.

The OneDrive for Business app has been installed for the past 3-6 months, no prior problems. I do not know exactly when the problem started, but it was only recently. I have logged into my Office 365 account, navigated to my OneDrive section of my account, and when I click "Sync" it launches the OneDrive for Business app, it states I have 119 files remaining, but they are never synced. I do not know why.

I have tried "Repairing" my Microsoft Office 365 ProPlus - en-us installation, without a change.

I have followed support steps outlined in this article, and have gone through the Registry key stuff, no luck.

I have tried right-clicking on the OneDrive for Business app, gone to "Repair" and this goes through the repair process (albeit very quickly) but no file status changes and 119 are still pending upload.

Not sure what to do, but I need a resolution please.

Kelvin

Hi Kelvin,

The hyperlink does not work, if you haven't tried the methods below, you may give them a shot:
1. There are some restriction and limitation for OneDrive for Business sync client, please run the fix it tool below, this will automatically renames files and folders whose current names contain any unsupported characters and will also generates a report of those changes and of any files that are violating other restrictions on the desktop.
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2933738

2. Clearing local Office 365 credential cache. Open Control Panel > User Accounts > Credential Manager > Windows Credential > Remove all Office 365 related credentials here. (E.g. MicrosoftOffice15_Data:orgid:*** Email address is removed for privacy ***).
3. If the above steps does not work, you may also try to clear OneDrive for Business cache using the fix it tool and check whether the following folder are emptied after that:
- %USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Office\15.0(or 16.0)\OfficeFileCache
- %USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Office\Spw

If not, please remove all the files and folders included manually.

Note: This tool can cause data loss. To reduce this risk, read through this article in its entirety before you use this tool and backup data based on the instructions in the above KB.

If the issue persits, could you let us know the following information for moving forward?
1. OneDrive for Business version, Operating System version and the article which you have gone through. To get OneDrive for Business version, go to task manager > Microsoft OneDrive for Business > right click and select properties > select Details tab > find file version.
2. Check whether this issue happens to other team site document library or if possible, try to the sync the same on another computer to identify whether this is a library specific issue.
3. Share a screenshot about the sync status of local files/folders in OneDrive for Business folder.
Note: To insert a screenshot, please click on Use rich formatting and select the Insert Image icon.

Best Regards,
Vincent

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Kelvin,

Any updates on this issue? Please feel free to post back for moving further.

Best Regards,
Vincent

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Views: 1,659 Last updated: April 24, 2018 Applies to: