OneDrive CPU usage and temperature

Split from this thread.

I have the same problem. It is soooooooooo annoying. I need to keep onedrive closed all the time. I really think to give up onedrive even if I have my Microsoft office subscription. Soooooooooooo annoying.

|
Answer
Answer

Hi, 

I think that's worked for me.

1) removing the files that One drive couldn't upload. (those ones that got an error)

2) running this script to clear the registry

#!/bin/bash

find ~/Library/Group\ Containers/ -type d -name OfficeFileCache -exec rm -r {} +

Now I think it is great. Give me a few days to check, but if I continue doing this the problem is solved.

Please correct this problem in the future version of the onedrive. It is soooooooooo annoying that I barely stop using the program. 

Thank you 

Best Regards

Rafael

8 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Answer
Answer

Hi Rafael,

Thank you for sharing your solution with our community. By the way, I recommend that you post your suggestion to our User Voice forum of OneDrive for Mac or vote for improvements and new features, for example: CPU Usage too high in High Sierra. It’s the best place to let our OneDrive teams hear from you and improve OneDrive for Mac in the following versions.

Regards,

Nathan Li

-------------------------------------------------
If you feel a reply works for you, please kindly vote or mark it as it will be beneficial to other community members reading this thread.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated March 25, 2021 Views 8,112 Applies to: