One Drive is garbage

I hate this company because i have <removed>all files on my one drive and it states im ower the limit like how ?

please explain how does this <removed> work ? ive been trying to get a hold of microsoft for a <removed> week now. Also the website is inconsistant sometimes its in english hungarian or german i live in germany my pc is in german .

ImageImageImageImageImage

|

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Hi David A, I am an independent advisor, trying to help other users in the Community with my experience in Microsoft products. Please note that I am a user like you and don't work directly for Microsoft. Sorry to hear about your issue. I did some research and found a solution on Microsoft Community Forum that may solve your problem. Himalay_atram suggests unlinking your account from the current machine and linking it back again. Doing so will reset the connection and it might resolve the issue, You can follow the steps below. Right-click on the OneDrive icon in the notification area and open Settings. Select the Account tab. Click on the Unlink this PC button. Sign back in with your credentials. I found that solution here: https://answers.microsoft.com/thread/85847d5b-2cda-4c88-8dca-913a50da19b9 Let me know if that helped. I would appreciate your feedback Give back to the Community. Help the next person who has this issue by indicating if this reply solved your problem. Click Yes or No below. Kindly note that this is a user-to-user forum, we are users helping other users, we aren't Microsoft employees and neither are we Microsoft agents. Best regards, Amadeusz

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

i already unlinked it and linked it again it just says an eror occured and files cant be synced i even uninstalled one drive and installed again

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

One drive app says 0.1 gb used website says 2.5 how is that possible ?????

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Also here is my storage usage

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi David

From what I can see, something is taking up storage space in your personal Microsoft account.

1. Remember that once you delete files from OneDrive, it goes to the Recycle bin and will remain there for 30 days, still taking up storage space. Make sure that your Recycle bin is empty (on the web).

2. You may use some Apps like the Microsoft launcher that backs up to OneDrive.

3. You may have your computer set to backup your Desktop, Documents, Pictures, Music, and Videos to OneDrive. Make sure this is off in OneDrive settings. (I think this is the problem).

4. Deleting files from the Recycle bin will take a few hours to show the correct storage allocation on the Desktop and web apps.

Let me know what you find.

Regards

Casper

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

you can clearly see in the screenshots that i have no files in nor the recycle bin and nowhere i newer used one drive i newer had the one drive app i uninstalled it right after i installed windows . I installed one drive as per the request of the person who replied to my comment earlyer. So i could have newer synced my data to one drive. I only found out this issue when i checked my emails and it sayed that i need to purchase more storage

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

this in the first linkthis is the second link

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

OK.

You previously said you never used this Microsoft account (if I am correct) but there are emails in your archive folder for example. They may contain large attachments. Go through them and delete what you can delete.

Once done, on the second link, click on all of the Free up space options and see if that works.

Please let me know.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

i clkearly stated i newer used One drive but ok i guess hopw do i free up space and delete non existant files ?

i tried it already it redirects me to one drive to delete files that dosent exist because there is nothing there

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated March 19, 2024 Views 295 Applies to: