One Drive Can't be run using full administrator rights

Hi Everyone,

I am getting an error on one of the client machine while setting up OneDrive locally on win 10 Lenovo laptop. She needs to keep her admin credentials in her local machine and still need a one drive setup. and I am getting this below error pop up. please advise.

"One Drive Can't be run using full administrator rights"

Please restart oneDrive without any administrator rights

Answer
Answer

Hi ShehryarAhmad,

From your problem description, when you set up OneDrive client on Windows 10 platform, you got the above error message which indicated that OneDrive cannot be run with full admin rights. Based on my test in OneDrive client version 19.174.0902.0006 with administrator account, it seems that OneDrive works well from my side. Based on my research, I also found a similar thread about this problem, you may try to disable administrative rights temporary by using “net user administrator /active:no” in cmd command. Then, try to relaunch the OneDrive client and see whether it helps. If so, you can reactive administrative rights by using “net user administrator /active:yes” in cmd command. It should help on this issue in OneDrive.

In addition, I also found that the problem could be caused due to the highest privileges settings in Task Scheduler. You can search Task Scheduler from Start and click “Task Scheduler Library”. Then find OneDrive in the list and double click on it. In the window open, make sure “Run with highest privileges” option is unchecked and click OK to save the setting. After your reboot the computer, the error message should be gone.

Best regards,

Dihao

-----------------------
* Beware of scammers posting fake support numbers here.
* Kindly Mark and Vote this reply if it helps, as it will be beneficial to more community members reading here.

8 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated May 5, 2021 Views 7,002 Applies to: