OFTEN MY EXCEL FILE CORRUPTED BY XML ERROR.

Hello,

I have kept one xlsx file (containing 15 no. of sheets) in my onedrive which is syncd with my pc. but oftenly when i download the file from my one drive, the file is corrupted and gives the following error. I dont understand what the error is saying and in which sheet the error is present. The error content is as given below.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?>

- <recoveryLog xmlns="http://schemas.openxmlformats.org/spreadsheetml/2006/main">

<logFileName>error057760_01.xml</logFileName>

<summary>Errors were detected in file 'C:\Users\coating\Downloads\16 Day Book.xlsx'</summary>

- <removedParts summary="Following is a list of removed parts:">

<removedPart>Removed Part: /xl/comments1.xml part with XML error. (Comments) Load error. Line 2, column 173.</removedPart>

</removedParts>

</recoveryLog>

With regards,

dilip sardhara

please specify what program/application was used to create this file?

what is the size of the file?

does this relate to one file only?

can you view and edit the file using Excel™ Online?

what year and edition/version of Microsoft® Office is installed on your PC?

10 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hello Mr. HansZoff

1. First this file was created  in MS Office 2007. After that i have created one xlsx file in onedrive than download it to my pc and move all sheets to this downloaded file. but the problem is still not resolved.

2. The size is 210 KB.

3. YES 

4. Yes i can view and edit the file online in onedrive. 

5. My pc is running with MS Office 2007.

Note. There are 14 working sheets in my exls file. I have Protected one sheet and put two comments in that sheet. When i download this file, the above error comes and when i save the data it creates a new file. when i open this new file it opens without those two comments.

Thanks.

3 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

this file was created  in MS Office 2007. After that i have created one xlsx file in onedrive then download it to my pc and move all sheets to this downloaded file

please explain what you mean exactly

and why  – if it's as it sounds – would you do such a thing?

what are you trying to accomplish by doing such a thing?

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

1. I had created the workbook (named aaa.xlsx) with 14 sheets and  two comments  in one sheets in office 2007. I had uploaded it to ondrive. When i download this workbook, it is corrupted and  the below error comes. when i save the data it ask to save as a new file. when i open this new workbook it opens without those two comments.

Excel found unreadable content in 'aaa.xlsx'. Do you want to recover the contents of this workbook? If you trust the source of this workbook, click yes.

Now if I click yes one dialogue box appear saying "" Removed part:/xl/comments1.xml part with XML error.(comments) load error. Line 2, column 173.

Now if i click to view log file listing repairs,  i found following source.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?>
- <recoveryLogxmlns="http://schemas.openxmlformats.org/spreadsheetml/2006/main">
  <logFileName>error022280_01.xml</logFileName>
  <summary>Errors were detected in file 'C:\Users\coating\Downloads\1 Day Book (2014-15).xlsx'</summary>
- <removedPartssummary="Following is a list of removed parts:">
  <removedPart>Removed Part: /xl/comments1.xml part with XML error. (Comments) Load error. Line 2, column 173.</removedPart>
  </removedParts>

</recoveryLog>

......................................................................................................................................................................................................

2. Now for trial purpose i creat a new blank workbook (named bbb.xlsx) in onedrive online. Then download that newly created workbook to my pc. After that i open both aaa.xlsx and bbb.xlsx workbooks. I moved all 14 sheets from aaa workbook  to bbb workbook. Then i uploaded the bbb workbook to onedrive and then again download it. Now also when i open the workbook it open  without those two comments and if i try to edit and save the workbook it ask to save as new file.

I hope now you can understand what i  am trying to say.

Thanks.

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

it is possible your copy of Excel™ needs to be repaired

millions of people – including me – use Excel everyday with no problems

3.27.2014 a Moderator has moved this thread from the OneDrive forum to this forum

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Dilip Sardhara,

There message you are seeing is Excel telling you that information related to the comments feature in the file appears to be corrupt. This might be an issue with back compatibility or it might be an actual corruption in the original file. Excel tries to repair your file by dropping the comments part of the document (which is why subsequent open of the save-as document does not have the comments).

Can you easily reproduce the problem? That is if you create a new document in 2007, add some comments, save to OneDrive, and reopen do you always see the problem? Or does it perhaps require editing the document while on OneDrive?

Regards,

-Tom

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello Mr. Hoke,

Good morning.

The file open without any error when I open it in one drive. But if i edit something online and then if I download the file i found it corrupted. I mean there isn't problem if i edit online but if i download it to my PC then it gives error.

Regards,

Dilip

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

to get straight on using the proper terminology:

accessing an Excel™ workbook at the www.onedrive.com 'cloud' server involves using the web application 'Excel™ Online' (formerly Excel Web App)

this is an application which runs within a computer browser – a 'web app'

and while the resulting web page looks very similar to Excel™, it is not

a web app such as this is not able to process an XLSX file to the same extent as a multi-megabyte desktop application – in this case Excel™ desktop program

as a result a number of features and functions provided by the full Excel™ desktop application are 'not supported' – that is they do not work – in Excel™ Online (formerly Excel Web App)

Differences between using a workbook in the browser and in Excel

When i download this workbook

if i download it

I moved all 14 sheets from aaa workbook  to bbb workbook.

AGAIN WHO HAS EVER HEARD OF SUCH A THING AS 'MOVING' –

COPY AND PASTE – WORKSHEETS FROM ONE WORKBOOK INTO A DIFFERENT WORKBOOK?

AND WHY WOULD ANYONE DO THAT?

UNLESS FOR EXAMPLE THEY DO NOT HAVE GENUINE MICROSOFT EXCEL INSTALLED ON THEIR PC

BUT RATHER SOME FAKE PHONEY 'DOCS' PROGRAM WHICH CANNOT NATIVELY CREATE XLSX FILES

Then i uploaded

whatever you are doing

this is NOT the way to work with:

1. the OneDrive file synchronization system

2. Excel™ Online

3. Microsoft Excel™ desktop application

and if the XLSX is being stored within the PC's local OneDrive folder

then there is not also to be all of this manual downloading and uploading of the file

I could go on, but I don't have the time

the bottom line is:

read the various documentation regarding the operation of OneDrive file synchronization, and Excel™ Online and Excel™ desktop application

there are an infinite number of ways to mis-use these three sophisticated computer programs/applications

the situation described here is merely one of them

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Dilip,

Sorry for the slow reply - I'm still trying to figure the community email settings out. When you open the file in OneDrive - do you mean you choose view/edit in Browser or it opens with some desktop version of Excel? Do you see the issue when starting from a new file or only with an existing document? If you can reproduce the problem starting from scratch a detailed list of the steps you followed would help us try to reproduce the issue as well. If the problem only happens with a specific file that is good to know as well.

Thank you and again sorry for my delay in responding,

-Tom

6 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated April 29, 2024 Views 6,101 Applies to: