Office365 - I can not see the body of an email - inbound or outbound

After my lunch break, my office365 on my laptop began to behave strangely. No issues this morning. When I click an email, it does not preview me the content of the email. If I open the email, I can not see the content of the email. If I create a new email, I can not see my signature, or anything that I type in the body portion. I can tab up and down to the subject and this appears normally. I did have updates go through about that time. I have restarted several times but no change.

Update...

The computer shows 2 updates that were installed today:

1.) Security Update KB5003173 - which I uninstalled and appears to have been replaced by KB5001330

2.) Servicing Stack 10.0.19041.985 - which does not allow me to uninstall 

Also, when I click an email, the first line may flicker in the preview, but then disappears.

|
Answer
Answer

Hi Kenneth,

This issue was posted to the Service Health Dashboard (SHD) as incident EX255650 starting at May 12, 2021 3: 54 AM (CST).

The user experience of this incident is: Users may be unable to view email message content within Outlook.

A suggested workaround is: Impact is specific to the Outlook client and users with access to other protocols, such as Outlook on the web or the Outlook mobile app, can view message content in those platforms as a potential workaround while our fix is applied.

Tenant administrators can view current information and updates on SHD at the link here: https://portal.office.com/admin/default.aspx#@/ServiceStatus/ServiceStatusHistory.aspx

For affected customers to easily identify the information here, this thread will be closed.

​We will update to the primary thread below once the issue is resolved or you can obtain the most recent information from SHD.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice/forum/all/text-is-missing-in-outlook-emails/75b367fd-3e3e-4759-b2c5-026c1a748056?auth=1

Thanks,

Rudy

-----------------------

* Beware of scammers posting fake support numbers here.

* Kindly Mark and Vote this reply if it helps please, as it will be beneficial to more Community members reading here.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated June 8, 2021 Views 180 Applies to: