Office Pro Plus 2013 Activation Issue

I have been struggling to activate my Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2013 the past few days. I was supposed to have a call with a higher technician to deal with this issue today at 3pm Singapore time (GMT +8) but the call did not come (Service request: 1303071279).

This activation wizard keeps popping out whenever I open an Office product (Word, Powerpoint, Excel) and counting down the number of days I have left. It started about a week or two ago.

I found it weird that every time I go to the 'Account' page after I click 'File', there will be a clickable link telling me that my product is activated and a yellow box below telling me that my product is not activated. When I try to type in my product key, the pop out box (for me to type the product key) disappears and nothing happens.

I decided to search the Internet for solutions again. I found something that showed me how to check the last 5 characters of my product key (just to check if the product I bought has a phony product key).

I realised that I have 2/3 Microsoft Office Pro Plus O_O. The first one in this command prompt window shows the last 5 characters of the product key that comes with my online purchase and it says that it is licensed already. The other two are not. I have no idea where they came from.

Microsoft Office was already installed in my computer and I did not reinstall when I first keyed in the product key from my Office Pro Plus 2013 online purchase. So I would think that this was the issue. However, my brother did not have the same problem even though we have the same model of laptop and we used the same product key (we can key in the product key 3 times).

I wanted to ask if my assessment that "I do not need to try to activate my Office Pro Plus anymore as  I have already done so" is correct? I need to use Office for my school assignments and presentations in the next few weeks so this is quite urgent. Please help, thank you!

Office 2013 Pro Plus is licensed for the single PC only, its not licensed for multiple PC's
Contributor since 2006
Currently win11 Pro & O365 Bus, multiple devices

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated June 2, 2023 Views 252 Applies to: