Office Online is AWFUL

I keep trying to like Office Online. I've been trying to get our company using SharePoint. In order to use it efficiently, Word Online and Excel Online should be used. BUT THEY SUCK.

I have tried, seriously tried, to keep a positive attitude about these online programs for a year now, and I've had it. I'm done. It's NOT an efficient system. Trying to use synced files, OneDrive, SharePoint, and Office Online has wasted my time and my employees' time. I quit.

Hi Audraogilvy,

Files saved in SharePoint can also be opened locally. This way, you can edit your work using a full desktop client before saving it back to SharePoint. You can right-click the file in SharePoint > Open in Excel/Word/PowerPoint in order to open the files locally.

There are some features that are indeed not available in Office Online. We are always trying to improve our products, if you have feedback that you would like to share, we recommend providing them via our Word, Excel, and PowerPoint UserVoice.

Regards,

Sheen

-------------------------------------------------
If you feel a reply works for you, please kindly vote or mark it as it will be beneficial to other community members reading this thread.

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi Audraogilvy,

Have you tried to use your desktop client to open SharePoint files? Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Sheen

-------------------------------------------------
If you feel a reply works for you, please kindly vote or mark it as it will be beneficial to other community members reading this thread.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated May 16, 2024 Views 5,124 Applies to: