Office Mac 2011 Power Point, have dual monitors, but want to use ONLY one???

I am running announcements with power point in a church sanctuary and need the slides ONLY on the secondary monitor (in this case a projector screen).  The ribbon in PPT only has the options of "mirror" or "presenter view" when more than one monitor is detected, therefore taking both monitors for either.  There is NO option for using only one monitor.  The  laptop monitor is needed to operate recording cameras and I want to show the ppt on only the second monitor.  The laptop preferences for monitors is NOT mirrored.  In ppt both the mirror and presenter view are full screen and there's no apparent way to do anything else while the slide show is running?  NEED A FIX ASAP!! 
This has worked on a similar thread in the past, so try setting up the show to be viewed in a window:

1. Open PowerPoint 2011
  2. Choose the Slide Show tab on the ribbon
  3. Select Set Up Show
  4. Under Show type, choose Browsed by an individual (window)
  5. Click OK
Instead of telling our young people to plan ahead, we should tell them to plan to be surprised.

217 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Cody C,

I thought it was going to work, put in individual window, moved to second monitor and it went fine UNTIL I clicked the mouse on the main monitor to go to another program, then the slide show stopped.  Then I tried the "kiosk" option and again is started and worked fine until I tried to use another program on the laptop screen and it stopped.  It seems as long as PPT is on top and active, the individual window and the kiosk option will work, but as soon as another program on the laptop is opened or selected, the ppt slide show stops.  Any other ideas would be greatly appreciated.   FPC a/v

3 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

The slide show should not stop unless you click into PowerPoint or switch to PowerPoint. 

Does the other program you are using also control screens?  In general, when you use Browsed by an Individual (window) the presentation plays until you click back into the PowerPoint show or switch to PowerPoint. Other applications are free to do whatever they want with your screens. The presentation should continue to play in its window.

Be sure to include the version number and OS version when asking your question.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated May 3, 2024 Views 43,558 Applies to: