Office Add-ins prevented by 365

Hi,

I work in IT support and have a user who has a mac book and is receiving the error message:

"Sorry, Office 365 has been configured to prevent individual acquisition of Office Store Addin-ins". 

The users profile is set up as an admin. I have asked the user to go through the online portal and they get the same error. I have checked with our 3rd line support team and add ins are not blocked on the system - I myself have a Windows 10 PC and I can access the store. I have reinstalled Office on the macbook to ensure it is 365 and not 2016 (not that this should make a difference). The user has an iMac set up the same though it is on the domain and works fine. 

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated. 

Regards,

Ellie

Answer
Answer

Hi Eleanor,

Based on your issue description, the error message indicates that Office Store Add-ins might be blocked by the Administrator. Hence, when the user tends to use add-ins on Office App. It would show the message as below.

User can double check with the administrator for the setting. Go to Office365 portal> Admin > Settings > Service & add-ins > User owned apps and services > Ensure “Let users access the Office Store

If the administrator has confirmed the option is on for all users. Please try following methods and see results:

1: Update to the latest Office version. Certain unexpected issue might be occurred when you are using an old version client.

2: Enter Mac Safe Mode, the issue could be happened due to other programs crash, such  as Front Manager.

3: Delete Office cache files. Some issues may be caused by the cache files as well.

• Go to Finder > Press COMMAND +Shift+g
  • In the window pops up, enter “ ~/Library ” and click Go
  • Go to Containers folder and delete following folders to Trash
    • com.microsoft.errorreporting
    • com.microsoft.Excel
    • com.microsoft.netlib.shipassertprocess
    • com.microsoft.Office365ServiceV2
    • com.microsoft.Outlook
    • com.microsoft.Powerpoint
    • com.microsoft.RMS-XPCService
    • com.microsoft.Word
    • com.microsoft.onenote.mac

Notes: Outlook Data will be removed when you delete these folders. Please backup before remove.

4: Try to create a new user profile on Mac to make sure the issue isn’t related to Mac profile corruption.

After you have tried these methods and the issue still exists. Please provide following information to us:

1: What is your Office for Mac version and MacOS version you are using? You can open an Office App, such as Word > Choose Word > Select About Word.

2: Does the same issue occur to all Office Apps on user’s Mac or just one Office App only?

Best regards,

Dihao

-----------------------
* Beware of scammers posting fake support numbers here.
* Kindly Mark and Vote this reply if it helps, as it will be beneficial to more community members reading here.

3 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated November 26, 2020 Views 26,400 Applies to: