Office 365 won't login-HP Stream

So I purchased an HP stream last year for school, started a 1 year trial with an old email address. I'm now a student in grad school which provides Office 365. I logged out of my old account in word to sign in to my student email, and when I enter my email and hit next, nothing happens. The pop-up window disappears and I am unable to click on anything in word. I have to pull up the task manager to close the program.

I can login to Office 365 online and work from there, but I really want to be able to use word when offline. I have tried installing and reinstalling, as well as restoring my system. I even downloaded 365 onto a thumb drive and brought it over to my laptop, still nothing. I honestly do not know what else to do. Hopefully this makes sense, I've attached a pic.

Update: I finally was able to login into onedrive, however in my files tab there are now two onedrive pins. I tried logging into Word and the same problem occurs.

Hi Charles,

Errors that occur when you attempted to sign-in to one of the applications in the Microsoft Office suite could be due to data files that got corrupted or you need a different version of Office. We recommend that you manually uninstall the Office installation on your device by following the steps on this link.

After you complete the steps, you can use this link to download the Microsoft Office suite for students or this alternate link. All you would need to do is enter your school email address and follow the steps to start the download. Also, you can use the information and steps on this link if you encounter any concerns when you reinstall the Microsoft Office suite. Refer to the section labeled "Problems while trying to install Office".

To notify us and have us get back to you, simply reply to this post.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated September 30, 2021 Views 222 Applies to: