Office 365 Sign-in on Microsoft Edge

I use Microsoft Edge and my home page is set to the Office 365 login page. When I open my browser, it has my user name and it is like I am already signed in and there is a message below my username that it is connected to Windows. However, the only way that it will let me into my account is if I sign in as another user. There is no option to enter a password and when I click on my user name I just get some dots floating above my username but nothing happens. It is very annoying.... I don't want to sign into my email account every time I shut down my browser window!!! Anyone know why this happens?

Hi Barb,

To clarify the issue, could you confirm the following?

1. A screenshot related to the symptom of the issue you encountered.
2. If you change a browser, what’s the outcome?

Given the situation, I suggest you follow the steps below to see if the issue can be resolved.

a. Follow the steps in http://www.thewindowsclub.com/delete-browsing-history-cookies-data-edge to clear caches in Edge

Disclaimer: Microsoft provides no assurances and/or warranties, implied or otherwise, and is not responsible for the information you receive from the third-party linked sites or any support related to technology.

b. Go to Control Panel > User Accounts > Credential Manager > Windows Credentials.
c. Remove all credentials there (This will remove your stored passwords.).

Please let us know your updates at your convenience.

Thanks,

Cliff

Update:

From my investigation, I’d also like to confirm if you have joined Azure AD on your Windows 10, if yes, what you encountered is a normal behavior.

[Update by Cliff MSFT at 18:48 PM, Aug 24, 2016]

* Beware of scammers posting fake support numbers here.

* Kindly Mark and Vote this reply if it helps, as it will be beneficial to more community members reading here.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi Barb,

Could you confirm your situation? Do you need further help?

Thanks,

Cliff

* Beware of scammers posting fake support numbers here.

* Kindly Mark and Vote this reply if it helps, as it will be beneficial to more community members reading here.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated August 20, 2020 Views 1,521 Applies to: