Office 365 public site can not be viewed in a page frame - iframe

I have a site in Office 365 sharepoint online, public web site. It is working just fine, except that it can not be viewed in an inline frame 
(iframe). I searched a lot about it, and I found that there is a way to allow or not framing, and it is like this: Microsoft.SharePoint.WebPartPages.AllowFraming. I can not find any tool to edit properties of these Web Parts in sharepoint admin site or in the site or page editing mode. Is there a way to make the site iframe compatible?

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Hi Thanos,

Do you get an error message “This content cannot be displayed in a frame”? If so, I’d like to explain that SharePoint pages that host other SharePoint pages located in a different domain in an IFRAME will display an error in the IFRAME. Please refer to this article for more information:

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/officeapps/archive/2012/12/12/iframing-sharepoint-hosted-pages-in-apps.aspx

Regards,
Jerry

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Thank you for your support. Actually, form the above article, I am in the situation "Allowing your SharePoint-hosted pages to be IFRAMED". I want my site to be viewed in an IFRAME, or in other words, my site to be displayed in an iframe  in a page of another domain. The option to "AllowFraming" I think is the solution but I do not know how to change that. Thank you.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Also I found the following article:

msdn.microsoft.com/.../microsoft.sharepoint.webpartpages.allowframing(v=office.15).aspx

but I do not know how to use it.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I also found this article

community.office365.com/.../148541

It says the way to enable Design Manager for the site, I enabled it, but i didn't find any help.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

hi thanos,

to allow sharepoint site pages to be iframed, you can edit the master page to add the allowframing control from sharepoint designer 2013. you can download designer via office 365 portal software page or direct download link (click here).

brief steps:
1. open sharepoint designer > open your site with admin account
2. find master pages in left pane > open your current master page > edit file.
3. add <webpartpages:allowframing runat=”server” /> after register tagprefix in your page. (see example below)

note:
1. if you use multiple master pages for different sites/subsites, you need to add this control in those master pages.
2. you may first back up the current master page via sharepoint designer using export file function.

besides, can you share more information about the requirement of “we need the opposite of this: link”? we will provide suggestions once we can fully understand your requirement.

regards,
ryan

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

thank you very much for your support.

i downloaded the sharepoint designer and i edited the seattle.html or the oslo.html (i do not know the difference as the names mean nothing to me) and the only row i found to add the line is the follow:

your screenshot is from .master page which is not editable, so i edited the .html file. when i try to preview the page in browser after saving, it says 

and of course the iframeing is not working.

also, the seattle.master page and the html page says on the top:

<%-- spg:

this html file has been associated with a sharepoint master page (.master file) carrying the same name. while the files remain associated, you will not be allowed to edit the .master file, and any rename, move, or deletion operations will be reciprocated.

to build the master page directly from this html file, simply edit the page as you normally would. use the snippet generator at https://itsolutionschania-public.sharepoint.com/_layouts/15/componenthome.aspx?url=https%3a%2f%2fitsolutionschania%2dpublic%2esharepoint%2ecom%2f%5fcatalogs%2fmasterpage%2foslo%2emaster to create and customize useful sharepoint entities, then copy and paste them as html snippets into your html code. all updates to this file will automatically sync to the associated master page.

the above link i do not know how it works, as it does not open.

please, what is the problem?

thank you again.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

hi thanos,

according those articles, we need to modify .master master page for the site.

you can find which master page you are currently using for the site by browsing to sharepoint site > site settings > master page.

to modify the master page, we suggest you copy the master page to local and rename it like xx_custom.master. after making changes, upload it sharepoint master page gallery and publish. go back to site master page settings and change it to your custom master page.

for further assistance, we recommend you post a thread in technet forum which is dedicated channel for handling sharepoint customizing issues. master page customization issue is not covered in our forum.

thanks for your understanding.

regards,
ryan

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Dear Ryan, I started to follow your procedure, and suddenly I realized that my site didn't respond at all, and instead of my site the login.microsoftonline.com page appears. If I had logged-in in my office 365 account in the same browser, appeared the following:

SharePoint requires HTML files to be XML-compliant. Your file isn't XML-compliant, likely because of tag properties without quotes, missing closing tags, or invalid properties in tags.

'<', hexadecimal value 0x3C, is an invalid attribute character. Line 99, position 163.

Occurred at: 3/7/2016 7:52:58 AM

Run the file through an XML validator, fix any issues using your HTML editor, save the file, and refresh this preview.

The line 99 from the html file is:

<!--SPM:<SharePoint:DelegateControl runat="server" ControlId="GlobalNavigation" />-->

I do not know html ti find the error if there is one.

At the top right side of the toolbar, appeared a menu “Snippets” and a menu “Location” which are not working with “Sorry, something went wrong” window.

I have made no modification in the master page which is oslo.html, and I do not understand the reason.

After that I tried to change the html master page with an older on form the file history (using SharePoint Designer 2013), but it always says that the server is busy!

I also tried to “Reset to Site Definition” which it first crates a backup of my masterpage, but the result was the same again.

So, my site is down now.

Thank you for your support

Thanos.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Because it's poorly designed, the first rule of Sharepoint is make a copy of anything especially master pages before editing. You should have been told that.

As for iframing a SP site, support should know that Msft seems to block this  for no good reason - as they do many things. Adding that control to your master page makes no difference. Apparently they are unaware of the restrictions of their own product and haven't tested what they are telling you.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated November 9, 2023 Views 2,892 Applies to: