Office 365 ProPlus Auto Activation with Seamless Sign on and Pass-Through Authentication

We currently have Azure AD Seamless Sign on with Pass-Through Authentication enabled and working.

Using the Office 365 Click-to-run deployment tool.  I'm attempting to roll out Office 2016 (365 ProPlus) to new workstations and have the auto activation feature fully SSO where no input is required from the end user.

Currently users are prompted to activate Office at first launch.  After entering their email, SSO does take over and they are not prompted for their password.  However I'm trying to eliminate the requirement of having to enter their username.

Below are the two prompts users receive when opening Office for the first time

I've seen on other posts about there being an issue with auto activation and Azure AD pass through authentication when Shared Computer Licensing is enabled however we do not.  We are deploying to persistent desktops.

Here is our current deployment config

Answer
Answer

Hi Matthew,

Activating Office 365 ProPlus through Azure AD Seamless Sign On is not available currently. Related team is thinking about according to this feedback in Azure AD feedback forum. You can vote for it and post comments to submit your feedback and it is the best way to let related team hear your voice.

Your understanding is appreciated.

Regards,

Joanne

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated October 13, 2022 Views 1,425 Applies to: