Office 365 paid for renewal; cannot access Word or other products

My Office 365 automatically renewed on March 30, 2015. When I attempted to open Word and Excel today, I was advised that my subscription had expired. My three options were to 1) renew or buy Office (already done with confirmation on iTunes), 2) enter the product activation code (not able to locate), and 3) add this computer to an active account. When I attempt to add my computer to an active account (which was using Word as early as this afternoon), it tells me that my email is not associated with this subscription (it is the only email I use). This is extremely frustrating as I am working on several projects that are under tight deadlines and cannot access anything! Help somebody!
Did you physically purchase Office 365 from the MS Store or was O365 preinstalled by your PC maker with a 'free' year subscription?
Contributor since 2006
Currently win11 Pro & O365 Bus, multiple devices

18 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

My Office 365 automatically renewed on March 30, 2015. When I attempted to open Word and Excel today, I was advised that my subscription had expired. My three options were to 1) renew or buy Office (already done with confirmation on iTunes), 2) enter the product activation code (not able to locate), and 3) add this computer to an active account. When I attempt to add my computer to an active account (which was using Word as early as this afternoon), it tells me that my email is not associated with this subscription (it is the only email I use). This is extremely frustrating as I am working on several projects that are under tight deadlines and cannot access anything! Help somebody!

Hi Marci Ronik,

Thank you for choosing Microsoft Community.

If you are getting the error message ‘The account isn't associated with this office product’ when you login to www.office.com/myaccount using the email account which is not registered with Office.

Log off from all the accounts and then try to login with the registered Microsoft account.

Ensure that you are signing in with the correct Microsoft ID. You need to sign in using the Microsoft account that was used to register or purchase the Office 2013.

I hope this helped you, if not do get back to us with more details so that we may assist you further.

Thank you

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

My Office 365 automatically renewed on March 30, 2015. When I attempted to open Word and Excel today, I was advised that my subscription had expired. My three options were to 1) renew or buy Office (already done with confirmation on iTunes), 2) enter the product activation code (not able to locate), and 3) add this computer to an active account. 

This is my problem.  iTunes confirms the renewal of Office 365 Home but my account says this:

This subscription has been cancelled.Set up an auto-renew subscription
Office 365 Home For 5 PCs or Macs and 5 Tablets
Expires: Tuesday, March 31, 2015
Automatic renewal: Off
This subscription has been cancelled.

3 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello,

Thank you for your reply.

For issues with regards to cancellation of Microsoft Office 365 subscription, refer to the following link and check if it helps:

http://commerce.microsoft.com/help

In the help page, select the product, under Problem type select Security, Privacy and accounts and under Category select Managing my account, further Contact Phone or Chat support for more help on this issue.

If you need further assistance with the issue, you can always reply and I’ll be happy to assist you.

Thank you

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I have a Office 365 subscription for OS X with monthly auto renew. After turning on 2-step authentication in my account I cannot use any of the apps on my Mac. I can sign in to my Microsoft account online, but when prompted to sign in by the desktop apps I enter same credentials for my account and get:

Sign in failed because the password is incorrect or the sign-in name does not exist.

I have tried reinstalling the Office 365 apps, but the problem persists.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I have a Office 365 subscription for OS X with monthly auto renew. After turning on 2-step authentication in my account I cannot use any of the apps on my Mac. I can sign in to my Microsoft account online, but when prompted to sign in by the desktop apps I enter same credentials for my account and get:

Sign in failed because the password is incorrect or the sign-in name does not exist.

I have tried reinstalling the Office 365 apps, but the problem persists.

Hi,

Thanks for choosing Microsoft Community.   

For assistance with Office 365 for Mac, I would recommend you to post your query in the Office for Mac Community for further help.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/mac

You may also, refer the thread link provided below which talks about similar type of the issues, check if that helps.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/mac/forum/macoffice2011-macstart/cant-activate-office-365-home-premium-for-mac/92cf0dcd-f040-41d0-ab9a-dc9eb67d17fc

Do get back to us with more information so that we may assist you further.

Thank you

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated May 7, 2024 Views 11,409 Applies to: