office 365 outlook can't login

My new office 365 lets me login to all programs except outlook, and it just keeps looping me back to the sign in box … what to do?

Did you have an earlier version of Office/outlook installed on this PC, and if so have you uninstalled it?
Contributor since 2006
Currently win11 Pro & O365 Bus, multiple devices

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi Palcouk,

No. However, I used a yahoo email to open Windows 10 and the Microsoft Account. Then I was confused about the differences between Mail, outlook.com, and Office365. 

I did open Mail, but the email I was using from Yahoo did not seem to work right on the mail account, or the outlook.com... so I deleted it from Mail, and created an outlook email.

AFter that I downloaded Office 365, and the loop thing started with Outlook. It always asked for my microsoft account email, and I use the password that goes with that...

Perhaps I may need to re-add my yahoo address and possibly use a special app password? I may need to use a special app password to use for my outlook email too on 365?

OR

I wonder what would happen if I use the desktop mail app setting to delete 365's Outlook, and then re-install it? 

Sorry for so much info, more than you want to know probably.

Thanks for anything you think will help me! 

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated October 4, 2021 Views 147 Applies to: