Office 365 Mac System Clock is inaccurate

Hi all,

For no apparent reason my Office 365 seems to have crapped out this evening. I have an Office 365 Business Pro account and use Office apps all the time for work. Needless to say, this is not ideal! 

On opening Word 2016 on my MacBook, a pop-up told me that I could view files only and not edit them and offered the option of signing in with a different account. So, I signed out to sign back in again. However, when I signed in I received the following message:

"The system clock is inaccurate, please set it to current local time. The error code is: 0xD0000012"

I tried to uninstall and reinstall several times without success. I also changed my Office 365 password, confirmed that my MacBook timezone was set locally in Ireland, as was my Office 365. 

Has anyone any ideas? This is really not good enough from Microsoft. 

Many thanks in advance to one and all,

Leon

Answer
Answer

Hi Leon,

I'm very sorry for the inconveniences this issue has caused. According to your description, this issue may have been caused by the license files of the Word application. You may try the following steps to remove it:

Note: This will remove the licenses and you need to reactivate Office. You may need to backup your emails in case of any data lose

1. Quit all your Office applications;

2. Open Finder > click Go in the top menu > Go to Folder;

3. Type ~/Library/ in to the folder > find the following three folders and drag them to the desktop:

UBF8T346G9.ms​
UBF8T346G9.Office​
UBF8T346G9.OfficeOsfWebHost
4. Restart the Word application. 

If the above process couldn't help, please also try updating your Word application to the latest version to fix the issue. To update the application, you may try the following steps:

1. Download and install the latest version of the Microsoft AutoUpdate tool;

2. Open Word > click Help in the top menu > select "Check for Updates".

If my above suggestions couldn't help, I'd appreciate it if you could provide us the following information for further assistance:

1. Please open Word > click Word in the top menu > select About Microsoft Word > capture a screenshot of the version information;

2. Please also check of other Office applications have the same issue.

Best Regards,

Nathan

-------------------------------------------------
If you feel a reply works for you, please kindly vote or mark it as it will be beneficial to other community members reading this thread.

91 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Answer
Answer
Thanks, it worked for me. What also can help is when you open Word, and you have to "activate" it, you don't do it when you're in the file itself, but in the bottom left the corner it said "activate" and a key, if you log into you Microsoft account there it worked for me. I hope this can help others as well. (Sorry for bad English, i am from the Netherlands.)

17 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated February 26, 2021 Views 10,358 Applies to: