Office 365 health status monitoring problem

Hi,

I am monitoring office 365 services current health status through my application.
I am collecting past 30days event incident and maintenance data and sorting the event based on start time.
but through office 365 portal i am seeing current status is not based on event start time.
E.g- On service "Skype for business" one event happened on date 16/06/17 (with Start time:2017-06-16 04:00 (UTC) and End Time2017-06-16 17:30 (UTC)) but in portal
current status of skype of business is showing as per event happened on 11/06/17 (with Start time:2017-06-11 12:00 (UTC) and End Time : none.)

So, service current health status is not based on latest event occurred on services (as there is latest event present on with Start time:2017-06-16 04:00 (UTC) and End Time2017-06-16 17:30 (UTC))
So, please help me to find out how services current status is changing.
Is it based on  event END TIME ? is it possible to have two event running on same service with both have no event time ?
Here is my sample code:
 $username=XXXX
$password=
$secpasswd  = ConvertTo-SecureString $password -AsPlainText -Force
$cred   = New-Object System.Management.Automation.PSCredential ($username, $secpasswd)
$jsonPayload = (@{userName=$cred.username;password=$cred.GetNetworkCredential().password;} | convertto-json).tostring()

$cookie = (invoke-restmethod -contenttype "application/json" -method Post -uri "https://api.admin.microsoftonline.com/shdtenantcommunications.svc/Register" -body $jsonPayload).RegistrationCookie
$jsonPayload = (@{lastCookie=$cookie;locale="en-US";preferredEventTypes=@(0,1);pastDays=30} | convertto-json).tostring()
$events = (invoke-restmethod -contenttype "application/json" -method Post -uri "https://api.admin.microsoftonline.com/shdtenantcommunications.svc/GetEvents" -body $jsonPayload)
$sortedEvents = $events.Events | Sort-Object -Property StartTime -Descending
foreach ($event in $sortedEvents)
{
    $servicename = $event.AffectedServiceHealthStatus.servicename    
    $servicestatus = $event.AffectedServiceHealthStatus.Status
    $startTime = $event.StartTime.ToLocalTime()
    $endtime = $event.EndTime.ToLocalTime()
    Write-Host "Service affected: $servicename    Service status: $servicestatus    StartTime: $startTime    Endtime: $endtime"    
}

Answer
Answer

Hi Roy,

According to your description, I’d like to confirm whether you are monitoring the service health in the Office 365 admin center via a third party application, but the event start/end time in your application is not the same as the portal.

If yes, based on my experience, many incidents can’t be fixed immediately. Once an incident happens, the backend engineers will handle it until it is fixed. So, any updates on the event will create a “start”/”Updated” time. Since the third party application is not our support boundary, it is recommended you contact the support of the application for help.

Thanks,

Gary 

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated October 1, 2021 Views 126 Applies to: