office 365 activation error 80090034

Hello all,

I have a brand new Lenovo laptop, win10 pro 1803 fully upto date

from my 0ffice 365 sub, I have downloaded office and installed it no problem, but when it comes to activating it I choose sign in put in the email address and password, it then ask if I want to use this account everywhere on your device, I then click yes its asks for my password again, which I put in and then it says.

Something went wrong.  

Your computer's Trusted Platform Module has malfunctioned. if this error persists, contact your system admin with error code 80090034.

server message Encryption failed. 

I know the TPM chip works, I have reset the TPM chip, I have bitlockered the HDD and the security key for that is stored on the tpm chip..

I have tried Microsofts how to's on trouble shooting including running sfc  and  going through the unlicensed product and activation errors in office,  ive tried running the support and recovery assistant for office 365 errors.

ive uninstalled office completely and reinstalled.

still have the same problem.

can anyone help???

Hi Chris,

Thanks for your posting in our community.

Based on my research , the error message is more relevant to Windows itself. The server message Encryption failed is about Windows server, the bitlocker is also about Windows devices and the TPM is about Windows Security so that I think the issue is more related with Window Devices & Drives.

Also, here is an article about the TPM you can refer to Update your security processor (TPM) firmware. Please feel free to reply when you have time and we will try our best to provide support for you.

Regards,

Clark

6 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

In my case, this was caused by a malware called "Winzip Driver Update" installed by the *** end user. Uninstalled the app, ran MalwareBytes, removed 187 infections related to the malware app, restarted and the users missing desktop icons all reappeared, and successfully completed Office 365 configuration 

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated January 18, 2021 Views 47,805 Applies to: