Office 365 Account Interference

Hi,

I have recently purchased Office 365 Personal (like a week ago), but I cannot use any apps because of a miss match in accounts. Apps such as word open, but have all functionality greyed out.

Back in Uni I used 365 ProPlus which came with my enrollment and I was logged in on this PC with it. But I am no longer at Uni so I purchased a personal account.

I changed the login in the office app and this updated in all the other apps and indeed, in the 'User Information' section I am logged in with my personal account. However, in the product information, it is still trying to access the 365 ProPlus account.

I have tried all the buttons, but nothing changes after going through the office login steps again. I have tried to go into the computer settings and 'manage accounts' but I get access denied.

I also looked into this but I am not very familiar with command prompt and this is for Office 16. It is now 2020 so where do we go now??

I really appreciate any help as this is quite frustrating. I cannot use what I have payed for!

Cheers,

Conrad

Have you uninstalled Office 365 Pro Plus, as its completely different to 365 Personal
Contributor since 2006
Currently win11 Pro & O365 Bus, multiple devices

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi Palcouk,

Thank you so much for your reply! I apologise for taking so long to get back to you, work got busy and I have been to tired to get back to this, but now its the weekend, yay!!

So I tried uninstalling everything to do with Office twice (including word, excel etc), the second time even with IObit Uninstaller. I downloaded everything off my online account and reinstalled it but I am still having the same issue.

The exception to this is oneDrive as lots of important files are backing up to the cloud in the background at the moment and I did want to disrupt this. But could this have caused problems?

One thing that I have noticed is that now, when I open word and go to 'Account', it is saying I have "Office 365 Apps for enterprise" instead of "Microsoft 365 ProPlus" in the original post.

I do not know what this means though.

Another thing I have noticed is that in windows settings I still have my uni account linked as I mentioned in my original post. When I go 'Manage' it still takes me to the 'access denied' page. I have now also tried to 'log out' and it says I have successfully logged out. However, when I go back to settings, the account is still visible and when I go 'Manage' again it takes me back to the exact same 'access denied'. I don't know if this is the problem, but it does not seem good.

Thank you so much again for your time and help, it is very appreciated!

Cheers,

Conrad Williams

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated October 1, 2021 Views 170 Applies to: