Office 2016 Uninstalled while doing an Online Repaie

I recently bought a new Dell PC with Office 216 pre-installed. I was trying to get OneNote in Outlook to work but it gave me an error message that OneNote needed to be set up. I was able to run OneNote, but still couldn't get it to work in Outlook. I tried Microsoft's Online Repair but it uninstalled the entire Office program! I seemed to have misplaced my product key and can't reinstall. Why did the Office REPAIR uninstall Office?

Hello Yonette,

Kindly provide few more information to assist you better.

1) What exactly are you trying to do with OneNote in Outlook?

2) Now, what happens when you re-install Office? Do you receive any error message?

Use Easy Fix too from the below article to completely remove Office and reinstall again from www.office.com/myaccount by signing with your Microsoft account.

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Uninstall-Office-2016-Office-2013-or-Office-365-from-a-PC-9dd49b83-264a-477a-8fcc-2fdf5dbf61d8

Let us know if you have any queries.

Thank you.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hello Yonette,

Kindly provide few more information to assist you better.

1) What exactly are you trying to do with OneNote in Outlook?

2) Now, what happens when you re-install Office? Do you receive any error message?

Use Easy Fix too from the below article to completely remove Office and reinstall again from www.office.com/myaccount by signing with your Microsoft account.

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Uninstall-Office-2016-Office-2013-or-Office-365-from-a-PC-9dd49b83-264a-477a-8fcc-2fdf5dbf61d8

Let us know if you have any queries.

Thank you.

I just had same thing happen. is there a fix for this. I know files are on my PC , my dell support assist history indicates an error happen during repair and it uninstalled office

1 person was helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.

I had the same thing happen to me. Microsoft is almost all Indian programmers now and it shows. They have zero ability to design and implement software or intuitive user interfaces. American business is dying because of its dependence  on the failed technology being produced these days. Pakistani programmers would be a better choice.

Hopefully I or someone can start a class action suit about Microsoft deliberately removing and disabling legally acquired software.

For me, the fix for this was to buy a Chromebook. It is working flawlessly and their office products are much more stable.

3 people were helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.

Frederick,

to answer your question almost one year later, Microsoft did absolutely nothing to fix this issue and it just happened to me as well.

What Microsoft is offering here as a help is nothing but an insult!

3 people were helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.

Same here.  Just happened.  I don't have time for this.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Chris and everyone else suffering from this severe issue.

A Microsoft product with this kind of destructive feature still sucks!

However, for what it's worth I used the Microsoft Chat Support and Rose (Rosemarie T) is my hero of the day.

She was able to provide me a link to download an install file for the product key I rightfully bought, so I'm up and running again :-)

I did suggest though, to remove this destructive feature from the product.

Might be worth a try for you as well.

Sorry this didn't help.

It's me again,

Rose is still the hero of my day, but whatever I got installed turned out to be the same bad update that was I was trying to escape in the first place.

Version 1706 that keeps on restarting every second time I try to open an email, but even worse Search has become completely unreliable!

Does not work for me, so time to make a change, as the pain of changing may be less that getting Microsoft to fix such major malfunctions!

Sorry this didn't help.

This just happened to me as well.  My end user has Windows 10 Professional 64-bit installed on their machine using a local account which is joined to our domain.  They have (or had) MS Office 2016 Home and Business installed on their PC.  They've been using this brand new Dell PC for months now with no problem and then today every time they went to open an attachment in their email, their entire office suite froze up requiring ending the tasks through task manager.  When I went to do an online repair of the suite it progressed to step 1 of 4 and then completely uninstalled the entire office suite.  So is MS trying to say that the best repair for their product is not to use it in the first place?  Kinda seems like it.

4 people were helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated October 1, 2020 Views 2,211 Applies to: