Not Sync Word Document Properties (Quick Parts) with SharePoint 2016

Hello Team,

Recently we have perform migration from SharePoint 2010 to SharePoint 2016 using Sharegate tool. But after the migration we noticed one thing i.e. Word Document properties (Quick Parts) are not working for existing documents which were migrated.

Even i was contacted to Microsoft for the same issue, and got the reply that Office 365 does not support SharePoint 2010 anymore because it is now slowly being deprecated. So we have to delete the property and add again for each document.

So, here my question is: Is it feasible in future i.e. when we will perform the migration from SharePoint 2016 to Upgraded version whichever available and that time we do not have to perform the same delete and add properties manually. Expecting the Word document properties (Quick Part) are working for the existing documents after migration.

Could you please provide you feedback on this, so we will get the idea whether we will continue with document properties approach or we have to lookout for something else?

Thank you in advance.

Answer
Answer

Hi  Himishkumar,

Thanks for your sharing.

To reduce the process that Word Document Properties again in the future, I'd like to suggest modify Document Properties via this article rather than keep using the old Document Properties which is slowly being deprecated. Thanks for your understanding.

Disclaimer: Microsoft provides no assurances and/or warranties, implied or otherwise, and is not responsible for the information you receive from the third-party linked sites or any support related to technology.

Regards,

Neo

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated September 30, 2021 Views 410 Applies to: