Not loaded. A runtime error occurred during the loading of the COM add-in.

I am getting "not loaded. A runtime error occurred during the loading of the COM add-in." message when trying to add the Teams meeting add-in i n outlook (office 365 pro plus).

Any help is appreciated on this.

Thanks,

Sudheer.

Answer
Answer

Hi Sudheer,

Thanks for your posting.

Give your problem, I recommend you can follow the steps below to troubleshoot your issue:

1. Open registry editor and go to “HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\Outlook\Addins” to check whether your add-in is installed correctly. By default, the value of LoadBehavior is “3”, with which the VSTO Add-in will be loaded when you launch Outlook, if LoadBehavior value of your add-in is not “3”, you can try to change it to “3”.

2. Start Outlook to see whether the add-in works well. If the add-in shows up at “Active Application Add-ins” and the status of “Load Behavior” is Load at Startup, it should work well.

3. If the problem still exists, you can check the error via right-clicking This PC to Properties, and then go to Advanced system settings > Environment Variables > New to add a new system variable, the variable name is “VSTO_SUPPRESSDISPLAYALERTS”, the variable value is “0”. In addition, open the registry editor and go to “HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\Outlook\Addins” to set the LoadBehavior of your add-in to be “3”. Then when you restart Outlook client, there will be pop-up dialog describing what the error is, and share the screenshot with me.

4. Follow this link to re-enable the add-in.

For detailed information, you can refer to My Office Addin does not Load!, the article is related to Excel add-in, which you can refer to.

If the issue persists, please offer me following information for further analysis:

1. Did other members in your organization have the same issue?

2. The related screenshots of your operation process.

2. The version of your Outlook client.

Best Regards,

Betty

------------

*Beware of scammers posting fake support numbers here.

*Kindly Mark and Vote this reply if it helps please, as it will be beneficial to more Community members reading here.

13 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated November 27, 2020 Views 38,048 Applies to: