No paragraph spacing in text web part (Sharepoint modern pages)

The styling has changed for paragraphs within the text web part in Sharepoint modern pages. All paragraphs in pages that I created prior to the March software update displays with paragraph spacing. All paragraphs in pages that I have created the past week have no paragraph spacing. I know I can just make another line break between each paragraph, but should I do that? I can see that the paragraphs are properly encoded within HTML p tags and no in-line styling.

What I really need to know is whether or not this is seen as a bug, and will be addressed quickly, or is this seen by Microsoft as the new way the rich text editor will work going forward.

Is the Sharepoint modern sites text web part RTE going to act like Notepad forever, or will it go back to the expected behavior described here? If I add extra line breaks because of the messed-up style sheet, and if it then gets fixed, I will have to go back and remove them all. Do I keep working on my intranet project, or wait for this to get fixed?

UPDATE/EDIT: Please upvote a thread on the feedback tool:

https://feedbackportal.microsoft.com/feedback/idea/08ab0f6b-23e4-ed11-a81c-0022484e6a77
in response to a Microsoft Support ticket. Details in this Community thread below.

Answer
Answer

On July 17, the issue seem to have been fixed! Spaces between paragraphs in articles are back on new posts! Finally!

***UPDATE*** : On January 22, 2024, the problem is back in our tenant! @MelissaBrenneman can you reopen the thread?

15 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated September 17, 2024 Views 6,574 Applies to: