New MS Outlook for Mac - No IMAP/POP3 Support

Hi,

Sorry if I am asking an old question, but does anyone know when Outlook 4 Mac will support IMAP/POP3?

I spoke with a support person at MS and they completely blamed Apple for not developing a suitable solution! Which I find amazing if true!!

Anyway, very frustrating that I cannot use the new Outlook, as the current version is not brilliant! :)

So idea when an update will be available? So I can use the latest version!?!!  Because for all the good it looks, it is worse than a chocolate tea pot!! 

|
Answer
Answer

Doubtful

As previously mentioned I can't even 'see' where the 'BETA' option is and download that!!

And please read other people's comments the IMAP/POP3 is NOT WORKING!!

You guys have really made a reasonable software option terrible!!! The level of incompetence... Three months late on the late review and confirm completion back in Dec 2020!!

To get the v 16.46 update with the support for IMAP (no POP3 support yet) open Microsoft Autoupdate and select Advanced. Then select Current Channel (Preview) for the Update Channel. You can check it out that way, but for me it was still missing an important feature (client-side rules support).

4 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated June 18, 2021 Views 4,233 Applies to: