Name Change in OneNote Class Notebook

So I currently have a student that is transgender and goes by a name other than what is listed in IC and therefore in Office 365.  I am trying to go completely digital with this class that he is in and I want to try and make him as comfortable as possible but I feel awful that his other name is what shows up on office 365 because the other students don't know.  Is there any way to change it on office 365 in the notebook area? Thanks.
Answer
Answer

Hi Fillat,

For clarifying the issue, I need to confirm where the student’s name showed and the symptom of the issue you have encountered, could you give us some detailed screenshots? I have sent you a private message to collect the screenshots, you can upload them via https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/privatemessages/list.

If you want to change the student’s name in Class Notebook directly, it is not feasible. To make a student’s name changed in Class Notebook, you may need to contact the school administrator who manages users’ accounts in Office 365 to reset the display name and account name of the affected student. After doing that, the change can be synced to Class Notebook and the student’s name showed in Class Notebook will be automatically changed.

Note: It may take some time to sync the change to be showed in Class Notebook.

Thanks,

Cliff

Beware of Scammers posting fake Support Numbers here.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated February 2, 2023 Views 563 Applies to: