My word file is gone how can I get it back?

I spent 10+ hours on a project for school and when I went to submit it I got an error message saying, "Sorry, we couldn't find your file. Was it moved, renamed, or deleted?" It says that the file has zero TB's but it's still in my file explorer? It's not in my unrecovred files. I am out of options I don't know what to do.

|

Dear Gavin Crim,

Good day. Thank you for posting to Microsoft Community, and we are happy to help you.

As per your description, your file is still in your file explorer but when you submit it, it pop-up a window shows your file is moved, renamed or deleted. Based on your description, could you open the file by the file explorer on your device again? You could open the Word > File > Open > Recent, and check if you can open it again. 

Besides, did you enable AutoSave for this file? If yes, you could use the account sign in OneDrive, and find the latest saved version in My files and Recycle bin.

Here is a related article might work for you. Reference: How to recover unsaved Word documents - Microsoft 365 Apps | Microsoft Learn

If it doesn't work for you, please post back and could you provide me follow information?  I would like to assist you further.

1. Could you provide me the screenshot related error massage?

2. Which version of the Office product do you use? Could you provide me the screenshot about product information? File > Account, and it on the right of the page.

Appreciate your patience and time.

Sincerely,

Claire | Microsoft Community Moderator

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated May 1, 2024 Views 22 Applies to: