My school gave me access to MS Project but it won't install on my system.

MS project is what I'm trying to install from the access provided by my school. Once I download the file and access the folder, I don't see the application installed on my system.

|

Hi Dawn,

Thanks for posting in the community. We are happy to help you.

According to your description, you failed to install Project on your device. To verify this, I suggest you go to https://portal.office.com/account/ and sign into your education account (or you can go to www.office.com, sign into your account and click Install Microsoft 365 apps), click "View apps & devices", and then check if you can see Project as shown in the screenshot below.

• If you can see the Project, please click "Install Project".

• If you don't see Project, this means your account doesn't have a corresponding license for the Project desktop app. I would like to know how your school gave you access to Microsoft Project. Did your school provide a product key and installation instructions? What if you go to www.office.com and click the App Launcher icon, do you see the Project icon?

We look forward to your response. Thanks for your cooperation.

Sincerely, 

George | Microsoft Community Moderator 

• Beware of Scammers posting fake Support Numbers here.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

I am using a product key code provided by my school. When I look in My Account to see if the installation is showing there, this is what I see:

then when I go to Office.com and log into my account I see this:

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Dawn,

Thanks for posting back.

According to the screenshots, it appears that your account doesn't contain the Project desktop app. To verify it, I suggest you go to https://portal.office.com/account/ and click Subscriptions. Check if you can find the license "Project Online Desktop Client" as shown in the screenshot below.

For "I am using a product key code provided by my school", I think you mean you haven't downloaded Project Desktop using the product key and don't know how to use it.

If not, please point it out and provide more details.

If so, there are two scenarios for the product key.

• The product key is for a retailed Project desktop app (personal use). To verify this, I suggest you try to redeem the product key with your personal account (Hotmail, Live, or Outlook.com). You can go to www.office.com/setup or Microsoft365.com/setup, sign into your personal account, and try to redeem the product key.

• The product key is for a volume-licensed Project desktop app. If the above website can't recognize the product key, I suggest you use ODT to deploy the Project desktop. For more details, please view the article: Deploy Project Online Desktop Client or the YouTube videos.

We look forward to your response. Thanks for your cooperation.

Sincerely,

George | Microsoft Community Moderator

• Beware of Scammers posting fake Support Numbers here.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I actually had looked in the subscriptions yesterday and I don't see MS Project

When I used the product key it down loads a file but only shows a Setup and Autorun

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated May 1, 2024 Views 41 Applies to: