My Office 365 account works online but says it has expired on my laptop

I am able to use my online apps, but if I try and use the downloaded app (Word 2016, for instance) it says "Word (Unlicensed Product)". If I go to File > Account it shows:

"Account Error" and "Your subscription has expired Microsoft Office 365 ProPlus"

There is a Fix Me button displayed under the "Account Error" status. If I click on this, it asks me to login. After I provide the password, it shows the "just a moment" message and, after some time, goes back and asks me to login in again. After this 2nd attempt I get:

I had this twice before (I think it is occurring after Updates). I got over it by re-installing Office 365 on my laptop. However, it is not practical to keep doing this. 

Does anyone have any suggestions? 

[Private message is removed by forum moderator]

Answer
Answer

Hi Andy,

Thanks for sharing the steps you have tried. I would like to suggest you try following:

1.It seems you are using Windows 10 computer. You may go to Windows Settings>Accounts>Access work or school>find your Office 365 work or school account, click it and click Disconnect>Yes.

Then go to Word, click Fix Me and sign in your account and password.

2.If issue persists, you may let your Office 365 administrator remove(turn off) your Office license in Office 365 Admin Center, then turn it on again.

Then please sign in your Office applications again, see if the error message will disappear.

Best Regards,

Tina

• Beware of Scammers posting fake Support Numbers here.

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated February 13, 2024 Views 1,619 Applies to: