My microsoft account is linked to an email i no longer have access to but pay for personally? How do i switch it?

I purchased Microsoft Office (excel/ doc etc) on a personal computer, but didnt realize it automatically set to my work email that i no longer have access to, is there a way to change the account email if its a personal account?

HI Ark123_856 Yes, you can change the email account associated with your Microsoft Office subscription. To change the email account, you will need to update your account settings in Microsoft Outlook. Here are the steps to change email account settings in Microsoft Outlook: 1. Open Microsoft Outlook on your personal computer. 2. Open the Control Panel on your computer. 3. In the Control Panel, search for and open the Mail icon. 4. On the Mail Setup - Outlook window, click Email Accounts. 5. On the Account Settings window, select the email account you want to modify and click the "Change" button. 6. Update the email address and other account settings as needed. 7. Test your account settings to ensure they are correct and save any changes made. Note that if you do not know the email account settings for your new email account, you should contact your email provider for assistance. If you need to change the default email account in Outlook, you can follow these steps: 1. Select File > Account Settings > Account Settings. 2. From the list of accounts on the Email tab, select the account you want to use as the default account. 3. Click "Set as Default" and then click "Close". Remember that if the From button is missing, it can be added manually, and it can only be removed by removing all but one email account from Outlook. BEST REGARDS, SEGUNFUNMI

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

HI, thank you but i dont have access to the email anymore? It is a personal account. I just need to adjust the email associated

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello Ark123_856, Welcome to Microsoft Community. I am a Microsoft user just like you, I hope you are doing well? Sorry for the inconvenience; I understand that you have a Microsoft subscription on an account (Work) you no longer have access to. There is no way to adjust the associated email, to transfer Microsoft subscription from one account to another, you will need to cancel from the first account but since you do not have access to it, you can cancel the payment method via your financial institution to avoid recurring billing (renewals), and purchased a new subscription on your other account. Please let me know if you need more assistance. Give back to the Community, Help the next person who has this issue by indicating if this reply solved your problem. Click Yes or No below. Warm Regards

Raymond K
Understand that I do not have access to any user's account.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

HI, thank you but i dont have access to the email anymore? It is a personal account. I just need to adjust the email associated

Microsoft doesn't offer a way to move a subscription from one account to another. In theory, Microsoft support can do it for you, but I believe they are reluctant to do so in most cases.

Since the sign-in at https://account.microsoft.com/services should work even if the e-mail is no longer active, you may be able to cancel the subscription from there. If you are being asked to tell if the account is supposed to be for personal or business/organization use, choose "personal" (even though the e-mail address was initially created for work).

Stefan Blom
Microsoft 365 Word MVP since 2005
Volunteer Moderator (Office)
MS 365, Win 11 Pro
~~~~
Please note that I do not work for Microsoft
MVP program info: https://mvp.microsoft.com/
~~~~

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated May 4, 2024 Views 1,674 Applies to: