Must I Renew Microsoft 365?

My Microsoft 365 subscription is due for renewal shortly. I am a long-time MS Ofice user (98 and earlier!) and really have no need for all of the embellishments. I've been looking but can't discover whatI will lose if I don't renew. The only programs I use are Word, Outlook and, at times, Publisher as stand-alone programs (No family or additional connections).

Will I still be able to use Word, Outlook & Publisher? Will I lose anything, like valuable storage folders + contacts in Outlook? I have genuine Office + Publisher 2013 disks; would I be able to use them if I lose Microsoft 365?

Thanks for any help.

Hi DavidMinor, Thank you for reaching out to us. I am Blessing, an independent advisor here and a Microsoft user like you. If you don't renew your Microsoft 365 subscription, you will lose access to all the Microsoft 365 apps including OneDrive storage. You back up your files from OneDrive. In the meantime, you can use Office Online for free in your web browser. Go https://www.office.com/ to access the free version. Find link attached to learn more about what happens when you don't renew your Microsoft 365 subscription: https://support.microsoft.com/office/4cabe32c-f594-4c0e-9191-3d3ade10cceb Hope this helps!

30 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi Blessing,

Thank you so much for your help.

... "you will lose access to all the Microsoft 365 apps" ... This is what worries me; do you mean I won't be able to use Outlook, Word or Publisher at all? And lose all my Outlook folders and contcts? Some of these are 14+ years old, having simply followed me over time.

I've never knowingly used OneDrive so I won't miss it.

These questions remain; I'll follow the links you've sent hoping for answers.

Thanks very much again,

David.

14 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Thank you for your feedback. It is my pleasure assisting you.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated May 23, 2024 Views 7,840 Applies to: