MS Project Standard 2021 More than 24 hours of work in one day

So I am stuck in MS Project standard 2021. I am trying to plan out a project that is 15 weeks long, 2434 hours and 4 guys and 160 hours per week. When I am putting the duration of my project in, in hours it is not calculating the days correctly.

For example: I have 4 guys on the job site to complete "Task X" and I put in that "Task X" should take 240 hours to complete. So that would be 4 guys for 8 hours per day for 1.5 weeks but it jumps way out and says that it will not be completed for 30 days. How do I make this work? I need to program it so I can have 4 guys do 48 hours of work in what would be a day and a half. Is there anyway to make this happen?

|

For example: I have 4 guys on the job site to complete "Task X" and I put in that "Task X" should take 240 hours to complete. So that would be 4 guys for 8 hours per day for 1.5 weeks but it jumps way out and says that it will not be completed for 30 days. How do I make this work? I need to program it so I can have 4 guys do 48 hours of work in what would be a day and a half. Is there anyway to make this happen?

Hi Tommy,

I would divide the Project-hours by the number of guys (that work in parallel) to get the Project-duration-time.

Imb.

----------
Think big, start small.
The problem with doing things right for the first time, is that nobody realizes how difficult it was.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Tommy,

I am not clear about what you are inputting and where and in what order.

Are you inputting work for the task, and expecting duration to be calculated?

Are you assigning the resources to the task?

In task information, advanced, what is the task type and effort driven settings?

In file, options, schedule, what is the hours/day?

15 weeks duration, at 40 hours/week is 600 working hours, and if 4 guys do 600 hours each that's 2400 hours of work, so I don't see where 2434 comes from.

The work in Task X is estimated at 240 hours, by 4 guys (each assigned at 100%).

1.5 weeks is 60 hours of duration, so 4x60=240.

Last part, make a task, input duration = 12 hours (day and a half, so could input 1.5d), make 4 work type resources, assign them to the task, work = 48 hours. No problem. Am I missing something?

Trevor Rabey
PERFECT PROJECT PLANNING

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated May 1, 2024 Views 35 Applies to: